what is more effective? Jillians 30 day shred or running?

Options
2»

Replies

• JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Try one of these, at least for a while:

www.warriorXfit.com

www.bodyrock.tv

Both are free. I haven't tried bodyrock but I have a friend on another message board that loves it. I use warriorxfit for my circuit training workout. I love it because its free, it kicks my butt, and is only 20 minutes.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'd second bodyrock
  • lena0105
    lena0105 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Do both! I do the 30DS every morning and then 3-4 nights a week I go to the gym and run.

Exactly! I do dvd and run.
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Why not alternate days- one day 30DS, one day running? Less chance of boredom- plus, from what I understand, Jillian says 30DS isn't really supposed to be done everyday.

This!
  • sylwiasta
    sylwiasta Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I do alternate my workout. Mon & Wed I go to a NICE boot camp class. I love it and I hurt baadly after each and every one of them. Just dont know why just got fed up wit Jillian. Still love her but...Went for a great walk on a treadmill!! 50 min! 30 min 4mph and 20 min 4.5mph. Loved it since I can not run (knee injury)! Thank you all for all the suggestions!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    www.youtube.com/ZuzkaLight

Free, mostly bodyweight exercises, and they will kick your *kitten*. A lot of them are only 10 minutes too.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    if 30 day shred is getting too easy for you or is getting boring, change it up and do something else. Most of Bob Harper's DVDs are $5 now and they are some really good stuff.

This. His Totally Ripped Core is awesome. I'll be adding more of his stuff. I can only tolerate JM once a week. For lower body, and something completely different, look up Core Fusion Thighs and Glutes. I did that today, and for something that looks SO simple, it is awfully hard.
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Both.