C-Section Belly

Options
I have 2 boys, 2 & 7, and both were C-Sections. I've lost a lot of weight since my youngest was born and weigh less that I did in high school! My problem is that I can't seem to get rid of my belly right below my belly-button.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what kind of exercises I can do to shed my belly? Every time I do crunches or other ab exercises, I can feel it in my upper, not lower stomach.

Please help!! Thanks! :wink:

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Sometimes this is only fixable via surgery.. I think it depends on the person though. My sister had a c-section in February and her stomach looks pretty terrible, I don't think it will ever shrink back to something she's happy with. It basically laps over, just loose skin.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of people rave about Pilates...my cousin is an instructor and she swears by it. I'm just beginning on this weight loss journey so I can't give any personal experience on the subject. But I do understand the tummy issue,after two c-sections,I don't believe my tomach will ever look 'normal'. Congrats on hitting your goal!!
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i have the same tummy issue just for the fact that ive been through two preggs but i saw these other ladies photos and asked them the same question and they just say tones of core work toning toning toning... this one lady did insanity and she looks great!

good luck!
  • JonaCura
    JonaCura Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :tongue: check this site out:

http://www.befitmom.com/abdominal_separation.html

it talks about separation of some muscles due to the stretching of tissue during pregnancy. It gives suggestions for exercise to fix the problem.. I havent tried it myself. Too lazy :) Let me know how it goes!
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    i think it depends, my aunt had 3 c-sections, and on the 3rd 1, the Dr. did a little extra cutting, bcuz he said that her lump was due to how she had been stitched b4, and that's why she couldn't get rid of it, so he removed the scar tissue that was causing it. besides that, I guess just tone up
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Argh...tell me about it :(

I carried my twins up until 39 weeks...i HAD 16 POUNDS OF BABIES IN ME!!!

Hello.....Twin skin :(

My stomach is so awful...I will say that it seems to get better with time...

Hang in there, maybe we can find something ;)

E
  • aspen1377
    aspen1377 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to hearing more answers on this...I had four c-sections within 5.5 years....last baby was 10 lbs 13 oz....hoping that toning helps!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-section myself. Even when I got down to my lowest weight of 103 and 15% bodyfat, my extra skin below my belly button shrank but it never went completely away. The doc said in my case, only surgery would do the trick. So 2 weeks ago today, I got a mini tummy tuck. If you look at my pics, you couldn't tell. I could "tuck" it in or hide but, but I knew it was there. There are pics on my profile if you're interested. I'm only 2 weeks post op and I am already thrilled with the results!! I cant wait to see it when I am totally healed!
  • jessbennett1986
    Options
    If u want a toning exercise, sit on the floor with your feet flat on the floor and your legs sealed together. Put your hands on either side of you on the floor with your fingers pointed straight ahead of you. Now lift your feet off the floor several inches keeping your legs sealed together. Kick your legs out (pulse) straight in front of you without putting your feet back on the floor for two pulses, then slightly shift your weight so you are kicking (pulsing) out to the corner in front of you to the right for two, then back to center, then to the left. Keep going for a total of 15 (2 pulses) or until you can't go anymore making sure your feet do not touch the floor and your legs are sealed together the whole time. While you are pulsing your elbows should b bending too. While you are pulsing to the sides your legs do not come out straight they stay slightly bent as they were in the sitting position with your feet flat on the floor. I promise your lower abs will b on fire! I hope this wasn't too confusing!
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i also heard of this laser therapy call skin tyte thats what im going to do if i cant fix mine with exercise
  • regthelittleone
    Options
    I'm in the same situation :(. I have four children and 3 were c-sections (one emergency, so cut differently). I'm not sure if my stomach will ever go back to normal. I think when you have c-sections and are cut multiple times ( 2 layers inside and on the outside) that it ruins your muscles, which makes it harder to firm up that "lower belly area". My doc. said tummy tuck would be the only way for me to tighten that area. I wish I was one of those LUCKY people that go back to their pre-baby belly!! OH WISHFUL THINKING!!!!
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I just might give Pilates a try. The Rec Center I go to offers classes.

Best of luck on MFP! :wink:
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    :tongue: check this site out:

http://www.befitmom.com/abdominal_separation.html

it talks about separation of some muscles due to the stretching of tissue during pregnancy. It gives suggestions for exercise to fix the problem.. I havent tried it myself. Too lazy :) Let me know how it goes!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-section myself. Even when I got down to my lowest weight of 103 and 15% bodyfat, my extra skin below my belly button shrank but it never went completely away. The doc said in my case, only surgery would do the trick. So 2 weeks ago today, I got a mini tummy tuck. If you look at my pics, you couldn't tell. I could "tuck" it in or hide but, but I knew it was there. There are pics on my profile if you're interested. I'm only 2 weeks post op and I am already thrilled with the results!! I cant wait to see it when I am totally healed!
    YOU look AWESOME! WOW...... how much pain was involved in the mini tummy tuck? what is the difference between a mini and a full one?
  • hrwinston
    Options
    I have the same problem. I had a c-section 13 years ago I gained 60 pounds during pregnancy and I am still 50 pounds overweight.. My stomach is so disgusting. I need to find exercises to tone it up. After I lose my weight I may even look into surgery to get it fixed...if so I might as well get my breasts done too. My pregancy ruined those too. (though I had a rough pregnancy and post-op I wouldn't trade my son for the world...I'd do it all again - except I probably would eat healthier and not gain so much weight!)
  • bonjolie1971
    Options
    Ugggh, I hate my tummy. I had two c-sections, and I swear my belly hangs lower since my second one. I can't stand the way it looks.
  • make_meup
    make_meup Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had 4 c-sections n I'm.having trouble lossing my lower belly too.. I wonder if da surgery had anything to do with it
  • Merideth1
    Merideth1 Posts: 19
    Options
    Two c-sections and hysterectomy so pretty much same situation. I think if I get down to 130, I'm looking into surgery "a gift" for meeting the goal. I wish KatePlus8's doctor would give all of us free surgery too! She was pretty bad after haveing the 6 babies. I know, wishful thinking.:laugh: