looking for an a.m. smoothie or juice recipe

Options
Caro1991
Caro1991 Posts: 97
So I have a juicer and its never been used, so am looking for some recipes so I can put it to use and since I know natural juices are good for you. I also need a smoothie recipe, I love them and I want to stop getting them from fast food places. Thanks:happy:

Replies

• Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I tried a new smoothie this morning.

1 cup of coconut water
    1/2 cup of fresh mango
    1/2 cup of fresh pinapple
    1/2 banana
    1 scoop whey protein isolate (plain)
    1 tbspn of ground chia seeds
    1 tbspn of ground flax seeds
    1 tspn of cinnamon

Blend and enjoy!
  • Caro1991
    Options
    I tried a new smoothie this morning.

1 cup of coconut water
    1/2 cup of fresh mango
    1/2 cup of fresh pinapple
    1/2 banana
    1 scoop whey protein isolate (plain)
    1 tbspn of ground chia seeds
    1 tbspn of ground flax seeds
    1 tspn of cinnamon

Blend and enjoy!
    cant wait to give this a try thank you so much
  • jgilbey
    jgilbey Posts: 79
    Options
    I love love love an Orange+Vanilla yogurt+ ice/or milk (can add protein powder if you'd like)... around 170 cal w/o powder!!! MmmMmmm
  • Caro1991
    Options
    I love love love an Orange+Vanilla yogurt+ ice/or milk (can add protein powder if you'd like)... around 170 cal w/o powder!!! MmmMmmm
    Will give it a try sounds yummy... Thanks. Oh would u recomend it better.with the ice or milk? Am not a milk fan so can u taste it?
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    bump
  • womaninashoe6
    Options
    A green smoothie I like is two hand fills of baby spinach, half a banana or so, and a cup of chunked fresh pineapple. Oh and about half a cup of water (but it think fresh juiced orange juice would be yummy). Blend that all in a blender until smooth.

Have fun experimenting with your juicer. My husband and I loved ours (haven't used it in a while). We would juice spinach, carrots, and tomatoes together. ANY juiced fruit is good. Enjoy mixing and matching.
  • Caro1991
    Options
    A green smoothie I like is two hand fills of baby spinach, half a banana or so, and a cup of chunked fresh pineapple. Oh and about half a cup of water (but it think fresh juiced orange juice would be yummy). Blend that all in a blender until smooth.

Have fun experimenting with your juicer. My husband and I loved ours (haven't used it in a while). We would juice spinach, carrots, and tomatoes together. ANY juiced fruit is good. Enjoy mixing and matching.
    thank you I will give it a try :)
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Ultra simple smoothie. I scoop of whey proteing powder, 1 cup of fresh fruit of choice and 1 cup of frozen fruit of choice and 1 cup of water. Blend and enjoy!

The frozen fruit is what makes it slushy and nice like the store bought ones. The whey powder not only gives you a dose of good protein but it gives the smoothie a creamy texture.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    100 grams frozen ripe bananas (When they turn spotty brown I peel them and place chunks of them on a cookie sheet and freeze. Bag up when frozen.)

1 scoop protein powder of your choice
    6 oz unsweetened coconut milk

Delish!

I vary it with different frozen fruits, different flavors of protein powders or add instant coffee or spices. Chocolate- cherry is great too.
  • kellyo15
    kellyo15 Posts: 51
    Options
    Frozen fruits are also great for smoothies :) I love putting frozen peaches and mangoes in with orange juice! Because of the frozen fruit consistency, you don't need to add anything, they blend up to a nice smoothie consistency without any extra filler :)
  • jasonnjamer
    jasonnjamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 cup unsweetened frozen strawberrys
    2 ice cubes
    1 small banana
    small handfull of spinich (cant even taste it)
    2 tbs splenda

blend all together and it is super yummy and its only 151 cal for the whole thing
  • Caro1991
    Options
    Thank you ladies... All sounds good. I love veggies and fruits and cant wait to juice them and make them into smoothies :)
  • Caro1991
    Options
    Ultra simple smoothie. I scoop of whey proteing powder, 1 cup of fresh fruit of choice and 1 cup of frozen fruit of choice and 1 cup of water. Blend and enjoy!

The frozen fruit is what makes it slushy and nice like the store bought ones. The whey powder not only gives you a dose of good protein but it gives the smoothie a creamy texture.
    where can I purchase the whey powder... Or what other protein powder yall recomend
  • FoxxC
    FoxxC Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    8 OZ V8 Fushion Light (any flavor)
    4 Oz Activia (any flavor)
    1 Cup Frozen Tropical Blend Fruit
    1 packet of splenda

Put in Mixer. 165 Calories
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    sounds like a dreamsicle...sounds great!
  • Lempi
    Lempi Posts: 7
    Options
    My morning smoothie is veggies and fruit:
    1 1/2 cups of chopped kale
    1 small banana
    small handful of blueberries (I keep a bag in my freezer)
    1/2 cup of plain yogurt
    1/2 cup of skim milk
    1 tsp ground flax

Looks awful, smells great and is full of goodness. This amount would be enough for 2 people. I sip on it all morning long and it keeps me going til lunch.
  • nasja1984
    Options
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 cup unsweetened frozen strawberrys
    2 ice cubes
    1 small banana
    small handfull of spinich (cant even taste it)
    2 tbs splenda

blend all together and it is super yummy and its only 151 cal for the whole thing

that sounds good, i use the almond milk too...i chop up my kale in the food processor to resemble parsley flakes-throw in ziploc in the freezer and sprinkle it on everything...that and flaxseed meal.
  • danystormborn
    danystormborn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite smoothies:

5-8 large strawberries
    1 large banana
    Milk (as much as desired, although too much will take away the fruity flavour!)

Blend. Enjoy. :)
  • nasja1984
    Options
    we think alike!!
  • jgilbey
    jgilbey Posts: 79
    Options
    Will give it a try sounds yummy... Thanks. Oh would u recomend it better.with the ice or milk? Am not a milk fan so can u taste it?

I actually like it better with ice.. with the milk I had to put it back in the freeze for a little while to make it shake-like.