Not feeling hungry

Options
Hi everyone, was just wondering if you could give me a bit of advice. My goal calories are 1260, but some days I just don't feel hungry once I have my meals and a snack, and then am left with quite a few calories. Should I be adding something more high calorie to my meals to avoid going under 1200? Or can I use them towards another day? Was just wondering because I don't want to put myself into starvation mode or anything.
Thanks!

Replies

• TexasPatriot
    TexasPatriot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My advice is that if you don't feel hungry then don't force yourself to eat. I personally think (read: it's my own opinion) if you are dieting and exercising normally then a once or twice a week if you're under your calories its okay you will not go into starvation mode.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I went under on my exercise days and over on my other days. I aimed to hit my average net calories for the week, and this worked very well.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much guys! I can stop feeling bad about it and have a glass of wine on Friday night then!
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    A good shake goes down easy!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i wish i had that problem.
  • blooomers
    blooomers Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! The only time i am hungry is around supper time. I have to force myself to eat breakfast and lunch. Even then i don't get up to my calories. I'm always under. ???!??!?!? This has been this way for a longggggggg time. I try to make breakfast my biggest meal but ACK! I started this life change a few weeks ago and i have lost 7 pounds so far. I traded monster energy drinks and dr. pepper for crystal light for one. I also am eating and cooking 10x's healthier. But where is my hunger????
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    drink some calories or have nuts, seeds or dehydrated fruit, all calorie dense. Add olive oil to soups or sauces gives calories without actually eating more.
  • beskimoosh
    Options

I do some days, not everyday by any means! Some days I just crave carbs and junk, so it balances out I guess
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options

I do some days, not everyday by any means! Some days I just crave carbs and junk, so it balances out I guess

Sounds like you are doing fine as long as you aren't severely under and you are hitting your weekly target. I am over some days and under some days due to different factors like work, how much I burn, etc but usually hit my weekly target dead on. If you have the iPhone app it's much easier to track weekly progress.
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a problem. As long as you're drinking enough water, don't force yourself to eat just because you think you should be consuming more calories. Just because MFP says you should be having X amount, if your body says it doesn't need or want it, don't force it to have it.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, was just wondering if you could give me a bit of advice. My goal calories are 1260, but some days I just don't feel hungry once I have my meals and a snack, and then am left with quite a few calories. Should I be adding something more high calorie to my meals to avoid going under 1200? Or can I use them towards another day? Was just wondering because I don't want to put myself into starvation mode or anything.
    Thanks!
    You are already low with little room to wiggle.
    Hunger or no hunger, eat to goal.

Discipline cuts both ways.
  • beskimoosh
    Options
    I've got the app, it has changed my life when I'm out of the house, because I'm not worried about what I should or shouldn't be eating! Ahhh, there's so many different opinions on this, I think I'll have a think!
  • nickurbin
    nickurbin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Beskimoosh,
    Since you have already lost 30lbs., you must be doing something right. I agree with the the opinion that you shoudn't eat unless you are hungry. I would keep with this thought as long as:

1. It dosen't make you overeat at other times.
    2. Your progress starts to plateau. Then, add more clean calories.
    3. You are not stressing over it. If make the process too hard, then you are more likely to give in to temptations.

It sounds like you are trying to be informed which is great. My only other suggestion is to compare percentages of Protiens VS Carbs.

You are doing great keep it up. Good luck.