5 ft 4.....how thin is too thin?

Options
2»

Replies

• LittleRedBoots
    LittleRedBoots Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'd say anywhere in a 'normal' BMI range (if you aren't overly muscley) is fine. Just stop losing when you feel comfortable with your body.
    Personally, I'm 5'9" and my goal is 130lb, this puts my BMI at 19.5, perfectly healthy but on the small side - just where I want to be.
    Its personal preference and I'd say lose until you're happy then stop, just make sure you stay in a healthy range.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Which measurement are you guys using as I'm confusing myself now!!!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I think that is a good weight, especially with pretty good muscle tone.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and have my goal weight at 150 (what I weighed in high school and felt good). I would still be considered on the heavy side or overweight, but I think I have a lot of muscle that I don't realize. At 150 I looked good, I couldn't imagine weighing too much less than that. With that being said, 130 is fine, but also go by how you feel and how you think you look and not obsess over the numbers.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and now down to 135. Despite heavy lifting I still have a significant amount of body fat, near 30%, so I have quite a bit to go. Now shooting for 120 and reassess then.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dont worry about weight. Work on cutting fat and getting fit and the rest will come into play automatically. And when it comes to looks the more muscle you have the better you will look.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    i hit 115 at 5'4 and was alright. 118 is good too.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    130 sounds reasonable. I'm almost 5'4 and weighed 130 to 135 all through high school/early college. When I was 19 I got mono and lost down to 120. That was too thin for my build.
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    It's not just a question of the number on the scale, the inches around your waist, hips, etc are a better way to track. 130 with no muscle vs. 130 with some muscle, each will look different. Measure yourself with a measuring tape and try to imagine how you would look when that number goes down.

Good luck!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    It's not just a question of the number on the scale, the inches around your waist, hips, etc are a better way to track. 130 with no muscle vs. 130 with some muscle, each will look different. Measure yourself with a measuring tape and try to imagine how you would look when that number goes down.

Good luck!

I agree! I am 5'4" 104 pounds and measure in at 34-22.5-31 and have good solid muscle tone (I can bust out 12 unassisted pull ups too LOL). I do cardio and weight work and feel perfectly healthy :)