In Need of Friends !

Options
really would like to have a buddy who we can check in with and give support to each other through out the week . I just got my elliptical on the 13th the day after my 30th birthday and tried it out using the ifit that came with it and after 5 minutes it killed me .I am 30 years old and weigh about 213lbs and am aiming to lose about 33lbs by the end of July . I really do prefer having a buddy who is around the same weight if not the same then has a few lbs to lose as well, and is motivated enough to keep in touch through e-mails and what not . Anyway if anyone out their is around the same goal as I am and would like to try out being buddies then get back to me .

Replies

• nana6380__Chris
    nana6380__Chris Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have more than that to lose, but am looking for friends to keep me moving in the right direction. I try to post everyday....right now I have grandkids with me so sometimes my post are at night. if you would like add me. I have been using MFP for one month.
  • Amaywil
    Amaywil Posts: 44
    Options
    Yes that is fine , I do have a lot more then 33lbs to lose but I figured I would start small and that would help motivate me along ( if you know what I mean ) .
  • BCsurvivor1962
    BCsurvivor1962 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have more than that to lose also but would love to help with your motivation and mine too! Good luck! I just KNOW we can do it. This site is awesome and keeps me on track! I would love to be your friend :)
  • mindygood
    mindygood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I started around the same weight..little less and a little older.... I have 2 kids and a BUSY schedule. My goal is to loose 40lbs and have lost 17 so far.. My husband has way more to loose.... Be glad to friend up if you are intersted.
  • Linda21353
    Linda21353 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll be your huckleberry. I say the more friends you can get to help with support, the better. That's what I miss about WW. It was getting too expensive for me to stay with the program. So now with this community, maybe I can be held accountable to you.
  • bobsan1
    bobsan1 Posts: 1
    Options
    HI! I have 2 grown boys and know I am older than both of you. (52) I have been on and off with dieting and pretty much disgusted with myself. So I am hoping having a buddy or 2 will help me stay on track. So count me in if you are interested.
  • utcalgirl
    utcalgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have about 20 lbs to lose by my wedding in September but more than that I'd like to change my lifestyle and keep the weight off. I am on everyday to log my food/exercise. :)
  • deebutts
    deebutts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I weigh a little more but I'm right there with you and looking for friends as dedicated as I am. I'm 32 years old. My short term goal is 20 lbs by July Long term is 65 lbs by next april. Im so in if you're still looking for friends
  • smcesko
    smcesko Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Could always use more support as well! I try to be as supportive as I can to my friends as well. Feel free to add me.
  • Manabug01
    Manabug01 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Added you :) Anyone feel free to add me as well, the more the merrier :drinker:
  • runningjessimaca
    Options
    It's amazing so many of us need so much support. I have been almost desperate to make more friends lately (we're outgrowing some of the old ones, kids and house and moving on) and a lot of times I feel like everyone I meet already has as many friends as they want to take on. And here is a whole group of people who, like me, are looking for the kind of friends who support you and hold you accountable, and ask you to do the same. I'd be glad to be added or add any of you. (still new, need to figure out how to do that). BTW, when we list weights, could we list height? I'm 5'9" and I have a hard time when people shorter or taller have similar weights, because it changes the ball park some. (you know most of those tiny famous people are only 5'2"? at that height my weight would be unbearable).

Also, just need to vent real quick, tall people can be heavy too. I hate hearing "oh, but you're tall." I was exactly this tall fifty pounds ago, it breaks my heart to have people think you can get fat if you're tall and it's all okay.

Anyway, here's to friends, in the real world and in the virtual community, may we all find each other in our moments of need.
  • 76birdy76
    76birdy76 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would be more then be happy to be your friend to help suport you . I'm 35 and have two kids that keep me going . I have lost some but i have a long way to go. hope to hear from you soon. :)
  • yourpalacf
    yourpalacf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • LubyLu89
    LubyLu89 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am more than happy to offer support and encouragement! Feel free to add me. :0)
  • Shyhmim
    Shyhmim Posts: 27
    Options
    Feel Free to add me too...=)
  • natwmartinez
    Options
    I just turned 30 and I swear things started falling apart on me! I am trying to get things back in order too! You have a great goal, keep it up.

Add away if you need some more motivation!
  • AyitiMami
    Options
    I've had the MFP app for a couple years but just started using the website last month. I don't have any friends yet and would also like some motivation and support. I had stopped for over a year and started back last month. I was doing well the last month but I've been slowly slipping the last week or so. Didn't help that my kids were on spring break and I tend to eat bad when they are home all day with me.

I'm also new to the state I live in and have no friends here to help give me that push and encouragement. Hoping this site will help me with that. I am 33 and about 213 lbs now and want to eventually get to about 150-160. Please add me if you would like... I could use a friend on here. :smile:
  • daisyhougan
    Options
    Me too! Just started and today is literally my first day. I'm glad to get started on losing the weight but it's hard at the moment. It's the end of a long day and I thought I did pretty good but now that I sat down,I'm missing being able to get more food to eat! I could use some support and friends too. I'm starting at 203 and would love to get down to 175. Actually, would love to get down to more than that but it would be a good start.
  • cheesecube77
    Options
    hhhheeeeyyyy
  • cheesecube77
    Options
    guess way I'm only 12