Fitbit

Options
Does anyone have one of these? Is it worth the $99 for one. How does it help and what does it add to your tracking?

Replies

• TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit! It is amazing. I was surprised to see just how many calories I was really burning during the day. For a normal workout MFP was giving me about 400 calories burned for 30 minutes on the elliptical. Well my fitbit gives me a calorie adjustment of 340. It really does help me stay more active, more than once I have seen that I was close to my 10,000 step mark and have gotten up and walked around the room just to make sure I get get credit for reaching my goal. I highly recommend it!
  • Merideth1
    Merideth1 Posts: 19
    Options
    That is cute:) I can see watching the miles and trying to make it to the next big number. I just might have to save up for one.
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    I love my FitBit!!! It's so addictive!! Are they worth it...hell yes!! I've linked mine to all my favourite apps, MFP and MapMyRun...it's awesome!!
  • Juxtaposie
    Options
    I do the exact same thing with mine...and that includes walking up and down the drive way at night to hit my step goals too! :) It's silly, but it really does push you to go the extra little bit! In addition, once you get a few friends, you can compete wtih them to see who's doing the most. I don't know about you, but I'm competitive, so trying to stay in the lead helps too! I love mine! I've only had it for about two weeks, but it's definitely money well spent!
  • jennyb612
    jennyb612 Posts: 83
    Options
    HUGE fan of the fitbit! It's a motivator on days when I don't feel like "going the distance" - Haven't linked it to MFP yet
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    its' worth it!
  • fjc1968
    fjc1968 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm addicted to my fitbit!!! I love the fact that it motivates me to do a bit more each day, and to reach the weekly goals
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Love my little dude, can't imagine not having it now. Amazon.com has them for $88 cdn......same amount USD I believe. Got mine from Amazon.com, $88 cdn, free shipping from Tennessee to me in Ontario Canada, and it was here in 2 days.
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love mine for all of the reasons posted above. :) It is a HUGE motivator and when you add friends to your fitbit site it brings on a great competitive nature. I just ordered my husband one of his very own because I was tired of him asking to borrow mine "just for the day", which generally turned in to two or three. ;)

It took a little while for me to understand that the calorie adjustment it gives you fluctuates throughout the day so the only caution I would give is to not go whole hog and eat every single calorie it gives after a work out you until you see how it levels out later in the day. I still aim for my MFP cals plus my exercise cals and then if I am hungry or craving just a little something at night I'll look at my fitbit adjustment and see how it turned out and go from there with a treat.

Have fun!
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I push myself to make it the next level. And, I know exactly how many extra calories I have really burned - so I can happily eat those extra exercise calories! Linking to MFP really works.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    If you are doing cardio... it's worth it. Some days it motivates me and some days it just shames me! LOL

You can sync it here and it will give you exercise calories once you are over your BMR for this time of the day. It just depends on how you set your profile up to how many you get etc. I was on sedentary (because I was before I started exercising) and eventually I was getting a ton of exercise calories. That's when I clued in I probably should change to lightly active.

I think it's a great tool for someone starting out, going on walks, maybe C25K people, zumba, etc. It doesn't really accurately track strength work outs or biking. It just depends on what you are looking for.

It does give you badges when your reach 10K steps, 25 flights of steps, etc. If you sign up for earndit.com, you can earn points towards discounts at partner sites. There are a few other things you can sync it with. I found MFP because of the fitbit website.
  • holly1007
    holly1007 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love mine for all the same reasons as stated above, and am a huge fan....worth the money!
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I want one! Just feel it's a bit expensive.
  • MOS3
    Options
    I have heard that they can be unreliable when in the car - eg they can jump up lots of steps, when infact you haven't taken any. Has any one found this to be a problem?
  • tinlee
    tinlee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You can log your car time into the iPhone app or on the website and it will adjust the numbers automatically.
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I agree!! Since I got my fitbit (about a month ago), I have become much more active. I go for walks when I don't really want to and end up walking 5 miles, just to make my numbers!! I love it. I wouldn't pay the extra 50 for premium though. I wasted money there.
  • MOS3
    Options
    You can log your car time into the iPhone app or on the website and it will adjust the numbers automatically.

Thanx
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Love mine so much!! Well worth the price for the motivation that it creates. I have had mine for 2 weeks, and have been working every day to get those steps in! Being able to see your friends stats and compete with them is really good motivation if you are competitive :-)
  • dfly888
    dfly888 Posts: 8
    Options
    I love my FitBit! It's awesome! It really motivates me to move and get my steps in and my activity level up. It also tracks your stairs and miles and even has motivational comments to you every time you pick it up. Well worth the money and it syncs with Myfitnesspal, which is even better. I would recommend it to anyone trying to get motivated to move or anyone who wants to know how much they move!
  • dfly888
    dfly888 Posts: 8
    Options
    I should have added that I have had mine for months and it still gets me going!