Eat more to weigh less

Options
This statement at first boggled my mind. I already knew that i wanted to eat at least my bmr (1700) but i thought to myself, how much would i need to increase my cals for me to stop gaining weight (happened after exercising) and finally losing it (lost 7.5 inches all over my body but my brain was focused on the scale)... so i played with the numbers a bit, but for the first time after a month of increasing cals (now up to 2300) i had a loss of 1.8 lbs!!! and its only half way through the week! so thankfully my body was just getting used to the change, not that it frustrate me to the point of insanity, but it was worth it. So the next time you are considering making this change, and playing with your numbers to see what works for you, i say, GO FOR IT!

Replies

• Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I plan on upping my calories when I hit a wall with my weight loss, which is bound to happen.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Good to know, I've been increasing my calories but over the last month I've gained half a pound :frown:
    I guess I just have to keep going.
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    Good to know, I've been increasing my calories but over the last month I've gained half a pound :frown:
    I guess I just have to keep going.

i actually gained about 5 lbs total and only lost 1 single lb from my start weight but the 7.5 inches lost had me thinkin i had to be doing something right! so def keep going, as i have read it can take up to 6 weeks to see a change, it took me 4.
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    I know that I have a problem with that statement....eat more to weigh less. I have been heavy all of my life....now that I am 45 I am finally doing something about it and really making an effort to watch what I eat and exercise a hell of a lot more than what I normally have done in the past.

My problem is that I have it conditioned in my mind that that if I eat more I am going to weigh more...I know...it is my problem that I have to overcome. Plus....once I have exercised I don't feel like eating.

Finally...if I exercise at night I am hesitant in eating because if I don't get a chance to work out then I at least don't want to go over my calorie limit.

I know....I'm a mess. :tongue:
  • becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have been anti food for most of my life and am freaked out at this.
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    I totally know the struggle! I had a month that I killed myself calorie counting, exercising, etc and I gained weight every week. Ultimately, I wasn't eating enough, my net calories were too low and the whole process was being counter productive. I focus much more on hitting a net calorie goal and the weight is starting to come off again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!