Low carb, high protein, minimal processed foods?

Options
Talk to me. Show me your diary if you normally eat this way. I REALLY want to cut out all the crap. Carbs and sugar are my vices. I should really be seeing more ab definition with all the working out I do but I think my diet is really causing that to not happen. I also need to up my protein as well. I have a hard time getting my suggest amount in each day. I've been thinking about doing a protein powder but it has to be whey free. The whey protein stuff makes me sick. I do run so the night before LONG runs I do carb up but I find it hard not to do that all the time! Any advice you guys can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Its not really that hard to do and I cheat a lot and eat junky carbs. You are more than welcome to look.
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    I don't do a low carb high protein diet but I just wanted to comment on the whey protein. I have a difficult time with protein powders but found that hydrolyzed whey protein isn't an issue for me.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Oh and there are also vegan protein powders out there that you may want to check out :-)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    as a vegetarian who doesn't eat fish,I am practically dependent on nasty whey protein shakes for my protein intake :-(
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Talk to me. Show me your diary if you normally eat this way. I REALLY want to cut out all the crap. Carbs and sugar are my vices. I should really be seeing more ab definition with all the working out I do but I think my diet is really causing that to not happen. I also need to up my protein as well. I have a hard time getting my suggest amount in each day. I've been thinking about doing a protein powder but it has to be whey free. The whey protein stuff makes me sick. I do run so the night before LONG runs I do carb up but I find it hard not to do that all the time! Any advice you guys can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I pretty much fit those eating habits
  • emoxie
    emoxie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    mine is open and higher in protein, lower in sugar/carbs, than the default recommendations
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I like greek yogurt. I am also using a protein powder, it is whey with 5 ingredients. I think when I finish this pack, I am going to get powdered eggs whites instead to use for a protein powder in my smoothies.

Otherwise I eat meat. But meat can be expensive. I also like lentils.

I strive for 100g of protein a day and my diary is open. I don't pay attention to sugars/carbs, but I try to limit my added sugars. My ratios are 45% carbs/ 25% protein/ 30% fat as a goal. Actual is more like 45/23/32.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Bump
  • ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Mine's open.
  • Oplesandbanonos
    Oplesandbanonos Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    you can check mine out too. it still needs some tweaking, but i'm working on it.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Mine is open, I am working on it but I generally have no problems staying under on carbs and going over on protein. I try to eat very little processed foods...you can take a look and hopefully get something out of it! :)