Body 'bounce' during exercise

Options
I am sure this has been discussed, but couldn't think of how to search for it.

I am 249 lbs, and apple shaped.. so big belly.. after almost 40 lbs lost and after 3 kids, it is lose and flops when I exercise. What have others used to control it while exercising? I find it hurts my back and chest!

Thanks!

Replies

• BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    compression shorts - I go to Walmart, go to the men's section (yep, I said it, men's section) buy the compression shorts. I don't like the bouncing my belly does when I jump, and it holds me in just enough so it doesn't hurt as much.
    You can probably go somewhere else and buy them, but Walmart is the cheapest I've found and for $12 I can keep working out to the best of my ability. The back and boobs thing, well, I double up on the sports bra's as the girls seem to head in a different direction every few seconds, the double sports bra keeps them pretty well contained.
    Hope this helps!
  • linnettbenson
    linnettbenson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I, too, have had 3 children and that definitely gives me the bouncies. I have found exercise clothes with strong spandex does the trick. I have also invested in high impact compression bras from Champion. They are the devil to squirm into but boy do they hold the girls in place. Good luck.
  • BradyMommy
    BradyMommy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I use an Enell sports bra and it definitely keeps the girls in check (pricey but worth it!!)
  • jynckz
    jynckz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am going to bump this topic to get some more suggestions!

I have since lost another 20 lbs, and I have yet to find a garment that holds things in! My back and ribs are taking a beating with the movement of my excess skin.

I have compression shorts, but I need something that goes higher. I wear a couple of tight fitting bras for the girls, but the belly movement is just torture!

I have found it harder to do the higher impact exercises the more weight I've lost!
  • looby_loo91
    Options
    I've no idea if they would work but what about those control pants you can get that go right up to under your boobs? Might not be the most comfortable thing in the world but maybe worth a shot? Also, massive well done on all your weight loss!!!! xxx