New to MFP - working to lose 100+ lbs

Options
fiveohmike
fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
Hey Guys,

Just joined MFP recently :) I orderd the Fitbit Ultra, alongside a Polar Ft7 heart rate monitor.

A little about me:

I am a 31 Year old IT professional out of the Silicon Valley. I have been slowly gaining weight over the last 8 years, mainly due to drinking, eating crap foods and general shenanigans.

The time has come for me to lose weight. I started eating better and exercising more, along with drinking less on March 1st, 2012. I weight 310lbs at that point (although you wouldnt know it by looking at me, as I am very stalky and used to carry a lot of muscle mass when I was younger). However I do have a beer belly

I started doing the Insanity workout 2 weeks ago.

Today, April 17th 2012 I weigh in at 292.5 lbs.

Not bad for 47 days. I am now using Fitbit and MFP to track all of my food intake, and once my Fitbit Ultra arrives I will get a better idea of how many calories I burn in total a day along with ways to improve.

I will also use the FT7 to find out exactly how many calories I burn during my Insanity workouts.

Anyways figured Id share my journey to lose 100+ lbs.

17.5lbs down, 82.5 to go.

Replies

• MissVickie220
    Options
    keep it up nice job u can do this 2 thumbs up:flowerforyou:
  • paulieboy113
    paulieboy113 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site and great job on the loss!

I am also looking to loose a lot of weight about 80 lbs total, since valentines day I have lost a total of 20.

good luck and keep up posted on the progress!!
  • scottanthonyholmes
    scottanthonyholmes Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am also doing insanity. I am not sure whether I love it or hate it.

Scott
    CoachCrystalsPadawan.wordpress.com
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I love my FitBit - who knew something so small could shame you into getting up and moving :smile: ?
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    Thanks guys! Hope to lose the weight, and maybe help others as well!
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    Welcome, I am also doing insanity. I am not sure whether I love it or hate it.

Scott
    CoachCrystalsPadawan.wordpress.com

I think I just may be growing to love it....although they should rename the Pure Cardio DVD to "I think I might have a stroke DVD"
  • rehtaeh78
    rehtaeh78 Posts: 90
    Options
    CONGRATS on your loss so far!!! That's so great! When I started I had about 150 to lose. I have about 80 to go. It's scary to look at how far you have to go, so I try to focus one day at a time. You'll get there! :)