What motivational thoughts help you push through a workout?

Options
Here are my top 3.

1. Knowing one day I'll be hot & healthy.

2. Realizing if there was a Zombie invasion/Apocalypse, I would fail, and therefore I need to keep running to survive.

3. Hiking and various other physical activities will be much easier during the summer!

Replies

• LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I love your #2! :)

Let's see....

1. The feeling of pride after I am done working out.

2. All the clothes going to waste in my closet because I refuse to buy more.

3. The knowledge that I am motivating my husband to get healthier.
  • Hannalore13
    Hannalore13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

1. The feeling of pride after I am done working out.

2. All the clothes going to waste in my closet because I refuse to buy more.

These!
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    1. Hot Passionate Sex
    2. How good I'll look naked
    3. How sexy I'll look this summer

:smokin:
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    erm. Usually the treat I will be able to eat if I burn the calories off.
    I should probably work on that :)
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    The fact that my *kitten* is shrinking
    I'm getting stonger everyday
    I feel great once I'm done
  • emilymeanssuccess
    Options
    1) That if I keep going, one day I will look better.

2) It will be easier when i'm skinnier.

:happy:
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    The thought that if I dont keep the weight off I could lose my job! Works everytime!!!
  • caytee118
    caytee118 Posts: 55
    Options
    1. Because I can run fast and kick hard I could survive the hunger games haha
    2. Walking past all of the girls that made fun of me in high school in a swimsuit this summer, because they have all gained the freshman 15 lol
  • AfonsoSilva
    Options
    1. The great feeling of seeing results come, of feeling good and looking good!

2. The great compliments I get from my wife and my friends about the improvements they see.

3. My trainer, Dave. Can't get enough of the motivation he transmits day in and day out.

4. My fitness pals at the gym. They are the best motivation as I know they are working at least as hard as me.
  • alodell89
    alodell89 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I usually think about how what I'm doing is destroying the fat on my body, especially if I'm doing a class where there's punching or kicking I imagine I'm punching away the fat on my stomach! It's weird but it works!
  • scottanthonyholmes
    scottanthonyholmes Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That if I dont get in better shape, my wife is going to crush me running the Warrior Dash....

~Scott
    CaochCrystalsPadawan.wordpress.com
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird, but I always think of myself in a bathing suit on the beach. That and I turn up my music. Kelly Clarkson's song "Stronger" and Guns and Roses "Welcome to the Jungle" always make me push it that much harder.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I think about getting stronger, which I am really liking, but mostly I think about looking hot for my guy. I love it when I can see it on his face that he thinks I look good. I think he is super sexy and I want to be sure he keeps feeling into me too.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Dup post...
  • Iris_Jay
    Iris_Jay Posts: 17
    Options
    Here are my top 3.

1. Knowing one day I'll be hot & healthy.

2. Realizing if there was a Zombie invasion/Apocalypse, I would fail, and therefore I need to keep running to survive.

3. Hiking and various other physical activities will be much easier during the summer!

Your 2nd one made me LOL, because I think I have had that thought too, while running.

What motivates me?

1) Knowing that I have done several tiring workouts before therefore I can do them again and be stronger each time!

2) That "slim" feeling vs. when I overdo it with the food.

3) Challenging myself to do just an inch more than last time.
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    First of all, I love the OP's #2.

When I walk on my treadmill, I stare at a Mohammed Ali poster that says:

I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    1) I can do this, I can do this.

2) Do I really want to stop and fail?

3) My MFP's will know I didnt finish!

Honestly I almost quit several times today, but I kept going and am glad I did.
  • meggers127
    Options
    erm. Usually the treat I will be able to eat if I burn the calories off.
    I should probably work on that :)

Thank god I'm not the only one :)
  • nbsambucca
    nbsambucca Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Realizing its WORKING and Im losing jiggly stuff and gaining healthy strong muscle.
    Having my 2 teenage daughters not mortified if I walk near them in a bikini.
    Feeling so much healthier.
    And Ive yapped sooooooo much on here I cant quit!!!!!
  • stitchingmom
    Options
    My music is my biggest motivator, cause I try to work out to the beat of my music. That being said, when I get to the point that I really want to quit (you know that spot in your workout that kicks your butt and tells you to stop).....I start the mantra of just one more step, 10 more seconds, etc. For me after a minute or two I am through that wall, and the rest gets easier.

Now if I could find a motivational thought to help me not make excuses NOT to go to the gym we would be all good :)