I have rediscovered

Options
pam0206
pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
Stir Fry!

I have had it for lunch the last couple of days. I was getting sick of salads, so I thought I would try it out. I used 1 tsp of sesame oil and then added in the vegs that I had (yellow squash, broccoli, carrots, onions and green cabbage.) I also added in some sesame seeds for some extra added calories. YUMMY and you get a ton for not many calories. The only downside for me is that it takes some prep time, but still worth it for now.

So, how are you changing it up? What are you enjoying these days?

Replies

• pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Stir Fry!

I have had it for lunch the last couple of days. I was getting sick of salads, so I thought I would try it out. I used 1 tsp of sesame oil and then added in the vegs that I had (yellow squash, broccoli, carrots, onions and green cabbage.) I also added in some sesame seeds for some extra added calories. YUMMY and you get a ton for not many calories. The only downside for me is that it takes some prep time, but still worth it for now.

So, how are you changing it up? What are you enjoying these days?
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Yum - sounds good. Will have to make stir fry for dinner some night and take left overs :tongue: Hadn't thought of that yet - thanks!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I like stir fry too! Broccoli, mushroom, onion and garlic with shrimp and throw on a little low sodium teriyaki sauce!! YUMMMM!!

My newest staple are light patty melts. I either use the extra lean ground beef from Trader Joes (4 ounces for 150 calories and 5 g fat) OR I use a Boca burger. I toast up some light rye bread and put the patty on with a slice of 2% swiss cheese. YUMMM!! Sometimes I caramalize onions and put on as well or just use the onion boca burger. Last night I had one of thest patty melts, some mccains oven roasted potatoes and broccoli for an extremely filling dinner for 540 calories (That includes the ketchup and mustard). I had 1 1/2 servings of the potatoes too. LOVE those!!
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    I'm enjoying portobella mushrooms these days.... Grilled and stuffed with veggies and mozzarella cheese
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yumm stir fry is great. I make my sauce from rice vinegar, lite soy sauce and a little cornstarch to thicken.
    I think I have rediscovered my love for all veggies though. Asparagus, squash, celery, peppers, cucumbers, eggplant, mushrooms, snow peas. A new farmers market opened up by us and I can't wait to go and pick up some different things from there. -Heather
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    I'm enjoying portobella mushrooms these days.... Grilled and stuffed with veggies and mozzarella cheese

This sounds yummy! I'm going to have to try it.
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Fat free cottage cheese has been my staple lately - 80 calories - 1/2 cup

I eat it just plain or mix it with....

Tomatoes
    Tomatoes & garlic & fresh basil
    In place of dressing on salads
    Pineapple
    Peaches

It's pretty filling - I just hope I don't get sick of it like I did with broccoli :sick: