• aronvincent
    Options
    703a257fd3bfec37ab831d1c2da31cea.jpg

Whoa now, I gotta go to the store.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    GOOD NEWS!

Cows eat vegetation. You are what you eat. Therefore, cows are vegetables. Enjoy your grilled vegetables!
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What is this madness/?? Bacon, nutella and bananas??? I am so going to have to try this. If you grilled it like grilled cheese (no cheese though) I bet it would be even better!
    I dunno... the point of grilling a grilled cheese is to make the cheese melty. If you melt Nutella it gets way too runny. This should be fine as-is.

1) melting the cheese
    2) getting a nice buttery crispy surface to the bread

I would grill the bacon, nutella, banana sammich for point number 2... and maybe I would dust the surface of the buttered bread with some ancho chili powder... and the bacon would be crack bacon (bacon baked coated with brown sugar and chili powder)... mmmMMMmmMMMm. Oh and case in point... grilled cheese sammiches are in fact griddled, not grilled. Why don't we call them griddled cheese sammiches?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    fm039.jpg
  • aronvincent
    Options
    What is this madness/?? Bacon, nutella and bananas??? I am so going to have to try this. If you grilled it like grilled cheese (no cheese though) I bet it would be even better!
    I dunno... the point of grilling a grilled cheese is to make the cheese melty. If you melt Nutella it gets way too runny. This should be fine as-is.

That's not always true, just depends on how you like your cheese. When I make grilled cheese with Fontina or Muenster it always gets runny, but those are soft cheese. When I make it with Queso Ranchero or Dubliner, I give it enough of a toast that it melts, but still stays kind of solid.

You could use runny nutella to your advantange though, or you could use a little less of it by not spreading it from edge to edge of your bread and just make a little puddle in the center, then cover it with a quick melting cheese so it doesn't spread too far.