up to Triathlon MFP Challenge ?

Options
Colfiii
Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
I was wondering lately what good way of motivation for exercise to find and got this idea : make a challenge to do the distance a triathlete does but in something like 1 month - so log in your exercise in swimming, biking and running, for 1 month and reach something like :

2.4 miles of swimming
112 miles biking
26.2 miles of running

I'm not sure if one month would be enough but this should be enough considering those people do it all in something like 7 hours so if one trains like 3 times per week for 1 hour and a half plus weekends ( because of the challenge ) should be enough right ? This is definitely not an easy challenge but I think would bring more satisfaction when done.
Also if people are up to it I'm thinking we could organize in teams and one person could swim , one bike, one run etc so the teams should probably have at least 3 members ( that would be ideal but could be also done by 1 single person).
The aerobics/chalistetics things should count in as well as just walking should count as 'running' but only the brisk walking and vigorous aerobics.
What do you guys think ? Are you up for this challenge ?
Please write me if you're interested and I'll make a list with those interested and then we could form teams. Please bring friends 'in'.
I 'm not sure of how to form a closed group so I need to do that or someone else who wants to do the challenge and is interested can form a closed group and add us all there.
Also, there should be a team head in each team to keep the mileage log of each team and individual members and send it to me once a week. I'm planning to start this on Friday :)
Cheers,

Colfi

Replies

• babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hi Colfi. I don't have the time to join right now. But bump so my friends can see.
  • Colfiii
    Options
    hi, thanks ! hope someone will have :)) if not I'll post it again later :)
  • Colfiii
    Options
    bump bump ! nobody ? :(