hey what??

Options
do you keep track of??

this is what i keep track of and was wondering do i need to keep track of my sodium?
what do you feel is the most important one??

Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Iron, Sodium

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I keep track of cals, fat, carbs, protein, fiber, and sodium. Cals is most important for me, but I realllly think you should get the sodium. Sodium can make you retain tons of water and can cause you to feel bloated and puffy (not to mention heavier on the scale :angry: ). Everyone has their things that they keep track of...I just wanted fiber because it's important for digestive health. I increased my fiber to 25g too; mfp gave me 15 and that was way too little. I also like to keep track of my protein because when I am working out I need that protein to build me some muscles!

Also, do you have an iron deficiency? Iron is kind of specific...:smile:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I track cals, fat, carbs, protein, fiber, and sodium. also. i wasnt tracking the sodium until a friend of min suggested lowering my sodium intake. and i started tracking and wala the weight is coming off again. i do go over slightly some days, but i try to keep it at 2500 or lower.

for mt this is the perfect combo to keep an eye on, but everyone is different
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    If you go to the green button at the very bottom of your food diary that says "View full report" it will take you to a page where you can see quite a few things: Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Cholesterol, Sodium, Sugars, and Fiber. So if you ever want to see those things that you don't track it's on that report.

:smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I track cals, fat, carbs, protein, fiber, and sodium. also. i wasnt tracking the sodium until a friend of min suggested lowering my sodium intake. and i started tracking and wala the weight is coming off again. i do go over slightly some days, but i try to keep it at 2500 or lower.

for mt this is the perfect combo to keep an eye on, but everyone is different

Same way for me too! :smile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Same as you guys, but iron also.
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I would include Fiber too.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I wish I could track all of them at once :ohwell:
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    Cals, Carb, Protein, Fat, Sugar, and Fiber. I never have a problem with sodium as I don't eat a lot of processed foods and I believe a lot of the stuff I log in doesn't have as much sodium as MFP says it does (I eat a lot of seafood). Sugar on the other hand...I think that's a huge problem for almost everyone. Then again sugar and sodium always go hand in hand in processed foods.
  • michellem81
    Options
    Carbs, Fats, then calories!!!!

255138.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    I wish I could track all of them at once :ohwell:
    ME too! I do Fiber and Sugar, cuz i am trying to stay away from sugar as much as possible.
  • Godsmonty
    Godsmonty Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    how did you change your mfp page to track 25 g of fiber? i would like to set a goal of 30 g of fiber each day, but mfp gave me 18. Can i change it?