What motivational thoughts help you push through a workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hannalore13
    Hannalore13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Realizing its WORKING and Im losing jiggly stuff and gaining healthy strong muscle.
    Having my 2 teenage daughters not mortified if I walk near them in a bikini.
    Feeling so much healthier.
    And Ive yapped sooooooo much on here I cant quit!!!!!

I love the feeling when the jiggly stuff starts going away. I couldn't stop staring at my butt and how much smaller it is today!
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    erm. Usually the treat I will be able to eat if I burn the calories off.
    I should probably work on that :)

Thank god I'm not the only one :)

hahahaha amen to that!!!
  • Hannalore13
    Options
    My music is my biggest motivator, cause I try to work out to the beat of my music. That being said, when I get to the point that I really want to quit (you know that spot in your workout that kicks your butt and tells you to stop).....I start the mantra of just one more step, 10 more seconds, etc. For me after a minute or two I am through that wall, and the rest gets easier.

Now if I could find a motivational thought to help me not make excuses NOT to go to the gym we would be all good :)

It's so hard to keep going! But now I'm in a funk. I can't not go, I feel terrible if I don't. But I do the same thing with the music. The whole "one more minute!" then I just keep going...
  • AbigailClarke1948
    Options
    Silly, but when I am in my gym class, I picture various rescue scenarios. Pulling my kids out of a pit, kicking the head off their attacker, etc. Dorky, but it works. I think 'Who knows? Someday I may actually be in that position and I want to be ready'.
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    1. Because I can run fast and kick hard I could survive the hunger games haha

I am with you on that!!! :laugh:
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    erm. Usually the treat I will be able to eat if I burn the calories off.
    I should probably work on that :)

Thank god I'm not the only one :)

hahahaha amen to that!!!

Me too.... Sometimes I think it defeats the purpose...but only sometimes. :laugh:
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love number 2. I'm using it as I train for Warrior Dash. :glasses:
  • DinahKyle
    DinahKyle Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    "Almost there"

And the thought that one day I can look back at pictures and be like "I look good!"
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    See's dark chocolate peppermint patties :)
  • jenniferpowell1980
    jenniferpowell1980 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I dont want to be seen walking up the hill with my bike by work collegues, so i keep thinking that the next car that passes might have someone i know in it therefore i must keep cycling up the damn hill.
  • milzu
    milzu Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    1. Nothing lasts forever
    2. I remind myself to be grateful that I have the health to be able to run
    3. I picture someone I dislike overtaking me. No way!
  • jeskate
    jeskate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Haha, I can never run fast enough in my dreams... Maybe when I'm fit it will transfer over to dream fit and I will survive from whatever is chasing me!
  • Hannalore13
    Options
    Survival is definitely a big one for me. I want to look like I can survive anything, like some of those girls on ninja warrior ;)