Are you getting enough protein? I am not :S

Options
I have never reached my protein requirements for the day according to My Fitness Pal.

I am not sure what else I can do, I am having shakes that contain 24g of protein and my daily intake is 56g but as soon as I exercices, everything goes up, I cannot eat JUST protein?

Replies

• chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you can just eat protein. Why not? You can't eat a chicken breast alone? Make protein a priority is your meals and reduce the carbs some. That will help balance out the overall calories.
  • LouiseLucie
    LouiseLucie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    True, I do that but I need variety as well and trying to add more veggies to my diet.

I guess I am just finding it hard to be able to add protein without going over my calorie intake.

All these numbers :-)

Thank you for your input!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    MFP's protein is pretty darn low as it is...Take a look at other diaries. Chicken breast, fish, egg whites, turkey...all great sources of protein with little fat and carbs. Focusing on protein is SUPER important, honestly. Make it a priority...whey protein is helpful if you really need it.

As far as going over it shouldn't make a difference unless you continue to eat the same amount of other things.

1 g carb = 4 calories
    1 g protein = 4 calories
    1 g fat = 9 calories
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    It looks like you'll have to exchange something that does't have much protein for something that has more protein. I can't see your diary but I get a lot of protein from cheese, whole wheat bagels/breads and whole grain pastas, as well as meats.
  • joanne_1
    joanne_1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Did you try cottage cheese? I eat it for breakfast with a chopped fruit (usually an apple or a pear) and it's good. It gives you 17 gram of protein. You have to try different brand because some can be gooey. I like the Dairyland 1%.