plateau

Options
I lost about 25 lbs a few years ago. Since then, I basically maintained my weight. I'm 5'2" and 129 lbs. For the past year or two, I've been trying (intermittently) to lose 5 more lbs and tone my waist and legs. I'm exercising 4 days a week with cardio and weights. I usually net 1200 cal per day. I know everyone hits a plateau at some point but that doesn't stop my frustration that my weight has been stable for 2 weeks. I'm still motivated but frustrated that I'm trying so hard and not seeing results. I don't want to get discouraged from meeting my ultimate goal (as has happened numerous times before.)

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    shake up the routine! instead of focusing on the 5lbs focus on decreasing your fat percentage-
    again I can't stress enough shaking up your workouts- Your body gets used to a routine in weeks so make it harder to HIIT- switch up your weights lift heavier try super setting ect.. good luck
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Same height over here and only 2 lbs heavier ... Try lowering your goals to a half-pound per week. It will allow you more calories and give your metabolism a boost.
  • mspj
    mspj Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey, that's great. Remained focused on your overall victory! Have you tried adding a day 5 of exercise ?Or if you only workout for 30 minutes, go for 35 minutes instead? If , for instance, you've only been walking the treadmill and weights, try aerobic DVDs and weights, just kind of mix it up. I recently lost 15 pounds and stalled at the same weight. So I didn't exercise for a few days and ate a few more calories than I typcially would, then got back on schedule. That's moved my numbers. I know it can be frustrating, but I believe the main thing is to trick the body/muscles with unpredictability.
    Hope this helps and good luck!
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I was at the same point. I read jillian Michael's new book and took some of her advice the last two weeks. I have completely cut out any artifical sweeteners and I have been trying to only eat things from the ground or from an animal. VIOLA ! After 6 months stuck... I lost 9 pounds in two weeks.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I upped my carbs, reduced my protein and did a over the top calorie day, bang zoom, off the plateau. It has happened twice! Can't hurt!
  • lisa012675
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I changed my routine recently but it may not have "kicked in" yet. I did notice that with the change, I'm hungrier. I went over my calorie goal by a little (100 cal) yesterday. Actually, today I feel thinner but the scale says otherwise. Right now, I just need to keep focused and not give up.