Fat2Fit radio calculations

Options
Anyone else going by fat2fit radio calculations/idea and eating the calories for the goal weight/person you want to be? I'm thinking about trying this and wanted to know if anyone else was doing this & had good success?

Replies

• forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe no responded to your post. I just found it as I was searching the same topic. I have been researching this idea and I like it. I just upped my calories a little and only time will tell! Friend
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I was searching the forums to find an answer to this exact question so I am bumping it for answers:flowerforyou: .

I am 30 years old and only 5'1. I workout 6 days a week for about 30 minutes each time. So according to Fat2fit I am Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) and I should be eating 2237 at my goal weight (114 lbs) for maintenance.
    I am scared to eat that and have been eating around 1937 because it says on there "As you get closer to your goal weight, your weight loss will start to slow down. It is OK to eat a few hundred calories less per day (200-300) to speed up your weight loss at this point." So since I am still hoping to lose an additional 5 lbs I subtracted 300 from 2237 and got 1937 calories. I haven't seen many women on MFP eating MORE than 1600-1700 calories. It just seems like 1937 calories to lose weight is a lot.
    Also according to that website and the Harris Benedict Formula my BMR is 1318.

These last few lbs are taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r to leave....
    Anybody?
  • lilsassymom
    Options
    BUMP please:flowerforyou: .
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    The living dead, ROAR!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    yes, I'm eating at maintenance using fat2fit's calcs.

This works best if you have a consistent exercise routine and you are honest about your activity level, because exercise is already included in the calculation--do not eat exercise calories AGAIN on top. For example if you choose the TDEE number for working out 5 times a week, but you find many weeks where you're really only working out 2-3 times, you will be eating too much.

If you are inconsistent with your exercise, you will do better to use your BMR (it's listed there above the ideal weight TDEE table) and then log in and eat your exercise calories on top.

You can customize MFP: choose GOALS, CHANGE GOALS, CUSTOMIZE GOALS, then enter the TDEE or BMR number into daily calories.

Remember not to eat extra exercise calories if you're using TDEE, but DO eat them if you're using BMR.

blessings.
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    I was searching the forums to find an answer to this exact question so I am bumping it for answers:flowerforyou: .

I am 30 years old and only 5'1. I workout 6 days a week for about 30 minutes each time. So according to Fat2fit I am Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) and I should be eating 2237 at my goal weight (114 lbs) for maintenance.
    I am scared to eat that and have been eating around 1937 because it says on there "As you get closer to your goal weight, your weight loss will start to slow down. It is OK to eat a few hundred calories less per day (200-300) to speed up your weight loss at this point." So since I am still hoping to lose an additional 5 lbs I subtracted 300 from 2237 and got 1937 calories. I haven't seen many women on MFP eating MORE than 1600-1700 calories. It just seems like 1937 calories to lose weight is a lot.

Anybody?

hmm, what are you doing for exercise? 30 minutes a day might not be "hard sports/very active".

I work out 6 days:

MON: Heavy lifting (about 70 min including 10 minute warm up on spin bike and 10 minute stretch at end)
    TUES: teach spin (45 minutes)
    WED: Heavy lifting - 70 min
    TH: teach spin - 45 min
    FR: paddleboarding (1 hour)
    SA: Heavy lifting - 70 min
    SU: off

I'm eating at maintenance between active - very active, so for me 1850 - 2244 per day, even on rest days. (BTW I am 5'4, 130 lbs, and 44 years old). My BMR is 1317. The numbers are not that much different from 130 to 114.

BTW, there are women on here eating over 1600 calories: but only the smart ones.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Funny this just came up because I just posted about this on my blog and wall today. I have come to realize that the settings on MFP are so wrong and generic and I will no longer be following them. I am eating my BMR plus TDEE minus 250 calories a day. I'm upping my calories once again next week to line up with fat2fit but the last time I upped my calories I jumped out of my plateau so i'm hopeful that weight will continue to come off
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Anybody?

hmm, what are you doing for exercise? 30 minutes a day might not be "very active".

I work out 6 days:

MON: Heavy lifting (about 70 min including 10 minute warm up on spin bike and 10 minute stretch at end)
    WED: Heavy lifting
    TH: teach spin
    SA: Heavy lifting

I'm eating at maintenance between active - very active, so for me 1850 - 2244 per day, even on rest days. My BMR is 1317.

BTW, there are women on here eating over 1600 calories: but only the smart ones.

I must be a smartypants because I eat 2,000 with basically no cardio (I do strength training though) and am losing!!
  • sleepytexan
    Options

Anybody?

hmm, what are you doing for exercise? 30 minutes a day might not be "very active".

I work out 6 days:

I'm eating at maintenance between active - very active, so for me 1850 - 2244 per day, even on rest days. My BMR is 1317.

I must be a smartypants because I eat 2,000 with basically no cardio (I do strength training though) and am losing!!

yes, you are. but don't forget cardiovascular endurance will be important for the zombie apocolypse :)
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Anybody?

I work out 6 days:

yes, you are. but don't forget cardiovascular endurance will be important for the zombie apocolypse :)

With all that strength training she could probably just punch a zombie in the face!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I know.... working on that part:bigsmile:

Cardio definately has benefits.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

With all that strength training she could probably just punch a zombie in the face!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    i am :) i think its a great idea...
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump - great topic! thanks for posting. :) Looking forward to learning more.
  • EmeriaDewes
    Options
    Bump
  • lilsassymom
    Options

Anybody?

hmm, what are you doing for exercise? 30 minutes a day might not be "hard sports/very active".
    I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 kids ages 4 and under--so I think that in itself is at least fairly to moderately active. I feel like I am constantly on my feet. As far as exercise goes, currently I am doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. Before this I did ChaLean Extreme. So doesn't that sound fairly close to very active (hard exercise 6-7 days a week) right?
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am. But I'm starting slowly. I'm eating at or around my BMR which is about 1500. When I exercise, which isn't always consistent, I eat most of those calories. I just started so I don't know if I'm losing yet. But once I take off about 10 lbs (I have about 20-25 to lose), I will up my calories a bit more. It's scary, but it does make sense. Give it time.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    ""[/quote]
    I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 kids ages 4 and under--so I think that in itself is at least fairly to moderately active. I feel like I am constantly on my feet. As far as exercise goes, currently I am doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. Before this I did ChaLean Extreme. So doesn't that sound fairly close to very active (hard exercise 6-7 days a week) right?
    [/quote]""

How many calories are you burning with this workout?
  • angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Do keep in mind it will be normal if you gain a few pounds at first while your body adjust to not being fed enough before. I have hidden my scale for 15 days hoping my body will adjust but it could take longer. So measure and track your inches lost!

Good luck!
  • lilsassymom
    Options
    How many calories are you burning with this workout?
    Between 175-250 calories for a 30ish minute workout. However, I don't eat my exercise calories back because with fat2fit you aren't supposed to eat back exercise calories. So I net between 1600-1700 usually.