I am trying Sensa, anyone else tried it?

Options

Replies

• StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My mom was on it and lost about 30 lbs. However, it gave her severe stomach pain, diarrhea, and vomiting. She was sick for months even after she ran out of the stuff. Unfortunately it wasn't until after her exploratory surgery that it was figured out.

'nuff said!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    troll???

Someone who has a joined date the same as the current month and posts comments/questions that are really stupid just to incite people. And then keeps at it....
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I tried it but didn't notice any results from it. I'm not sure what it was supposed to do. I sent it back.
  • tinlee
    tinlee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I tried it. At first I thought it was working, but after the first 5 lbs, I didn't lose any more. It didn't make me sick. It just didn't do anything at all. I REALLY wanted it to work. Mainly, it's very expensive. They autoship the next supply really quickly, so it isn't really a "free" trial.
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hated it! It made my throat feel like it was closing up and made nothing taste good. Not worth living that way in my opinion!
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    The only tried and true method to losing weight and being healthy is hard work and determination. There are no "quick fixes" and I agree with the person that said "slow and steady wins the race". We ALL want results NOW but we didn't get this way overnight so its not going to come off overnight either. And personally, I'm not comfortable putting foreign substance like that in my body when I don't know exactly what is in it or what it will do to me. Its just not worth it...free or not.
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Whenever someone buys Sensa or any other useless ploy to get you to burn a hole in your wallet, a poor, defenseless kitten will be slaughtered. Do not kill kittens. How dare you.
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    SSHHHMMMIIIRRR,
    Starting out is the hardest and I want quicker results.
    Not even been a week yet and I am already didscouraged.

In a nutshell, there are no short cuts that are going to be 'good' for you in the long run. It's about a healthy diet, moving your body about with some sort of exercise and patience. I am sure you have seen/heard this a million times.. but it is the honest truth.

Life style changes are hard and they take time, planning and patience.

YOU CAN DO THIS. I went on vacation and lost 2 pounds... lol.. I told myself it was 'fat camp' and everyday before I hit the beach, I did some sort of workout (2 hours in the gym, running, etc) and HAD plenty of calories for my dinners and splurges. It worked..

I have lost 22 pounds since January 23. Watching my calories (tracking with mfp) and moving... anyway I can...
    It WILL take time. and it will only happen if you want it too.

I wish you all the best luck and a super fun vacation!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Whenever someone buys Sensa or any other useless ploy to get you to burn a hole in your wallet, a poor, defenseless kitten will be slaughtered. Do not kill kittens. How dare you.

LOL:laugh:
  • Jaimehathcock
    Jaimehathcock Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I assure you I am not a "troll" nor am I stupid.
    Just a person looking to get healthy and seeking the advice and knowledge of my peers. That is what this site is for correct??
    Anyhousers, I have taken the wisdom in the group, and instead of ordering the Sensa product I went on a hike, and I feel great!

Thanks for all your kind and motivating words!!!
  • LeighAnne1964
    Options
    I have been taking Sensa for over a month now. I have lost 5lbs, however I do have a calorie limited diet and do walk . I believe its working and would be more successful if I take it with every meal and not forget it. Keep in mind anything you see on tv you really have to do your research on!!! On the actual package it does state that you should eat a sensible diet and exercise. Also keep in mind you can buy the same product an GNC stores. I paid 85.00 for a two month supply, however I'm still undecided if I will continue.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Sensa for over a month now. I have lost 5lbs, however I do have a calorie limited diet and do walk . I believe its working and would be more successful if I take it with every meal and not forget it. Keep in mind anything you see on tv you really have to do your research on!!! On the actual package it does state that you should eat a sensible diet and exercise. Also keep in mind you can buy the same product an GNC stores. I paid 85.00 for a two month supply, however I'm still undecided if I will continue.

If you changed your diet or exercise habits in that month, it's most likely that your weight loss is from THAT, not Sensa.

Seriously ~ why buy into this crap? Just because it says "clinically tested"? By WHOM? That guy is a nut job...he's not even an MD for crying out loud.

If you want to feel full sooner, DRINK A GLASS OF WATER. Simple.
  • fattguy101
    fattguy101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes it works well, you have to get used to using regularly fast! or you will start forgetting to use it more often than not.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Naivety derives from desperation. Don't be naive.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lgtahoe
    lgtahoe Posts: 96
    Options
    I tried it with no success. I don't have a lot to lose, 10-15 lbs, but I didn't notice a difference in my eating. I think you still need the will power to turn away larger portions/fatty foods. I would not recommend it to anyone, waste of money.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I assure you I am not a "troll" nor am I stupid.
    Just a person looking to get healthy and seeking the advice and knowledge of my peers. That is what this site is for correct??
    Anyhousers, I have taken the wisdom in the group, and instead of ordering the Sensa product I went on a hike, and I feel great!

Thanks for all your kind and motivating words!!!

Oh I like you. I'm glad you made the sensible choice. =D!
  • Lavendarj
    Lavendarj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i think it works.. it might be psychological.. but it works!! i get full much faster. maybe it just depends on the person
  • livealohat
    Options
    Aloha,
    I tried sensa in late August to early September of 2011.
    I will not recommend sensa to anyone!!!!
    I started having diarrhea within a few weeks and some abdominal pain.
    The diarrhea and pain continued to get worse even though I didn't even take a full months supply!
    It's been over two years and I have lost weight from the pain and diarrhea but that's not how I would have chosen.
    I was 5' 8" and 175lbs in 2011, now 5' 6 and 115lbs.....
    I have to make myself eat because I'm trying not to loose anymore weight but it still falls off .....
    I'm in pain all day, everyday and it is a struggle to enjoy life but I have found a ND that has been able to help me
    some with a vitamin IV. Without the weekly high vitamin doses I loose weight!!
    I would say don't try sensa !!! Just eat healthy and exercise! I remember how fun it was to be able to go for walks
    with my husband but now I have to stay close to a bathroom....

Everyone be safe! If you try this I hope you don't have the same results as me!
    Aloha
    Terri
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    You do know they have a class action lawsuit against them for false marketing right?
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I was 5' 8" and 175lbs in 2011, now 5' 6 and 115lbs.....

You lost two inches?