Lookin for friends to help me along my journey

Options
Im 16 and have been strugaling with weight ever since the 5th grade i have never been small. I would however like to be healthy and get from 177 to 120. I would love the support, and some tips. Maybe some snack idea or home exercises i could do.

Replies

• jmatney79
    jmatney79 Posts: 80
    Options
    add me!! I am 32 and never been small! I wish that I have your motivation when I was 17!!
  • katiefwhite
    katiefwhite Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have always had a weight problem so I completely understand where you are coming from. Please feel free to add me if you want.
  • SashaCaper
    Options
    Hello

I altogether would like to lose 80lbs, seeing as I'm 5'5 and 212lbs I'd like to get down to 130lbs. Some snacks that I have enjoyed while still keeping the great taste were skinny cow products and slimfast snack bars. I'm sure you'll find something you like! It's all about moderation.

Some exercises you could do.. well.. Swimming burns A LOT of calories and is quite enjoyable so you could try that! If you're not very active you should start taking 15 minute walks periodically throughout the day, too :-)

Good luck to you on your weight loss!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You for sure will lose the weight! Just stay motivated. Find a ridiculously solid goal to aim for,. For me I promised my son I would get in shape for him since I was having a hard time keeping up. He lives with his mom and she is not active, but he likes to be. Plus I want to be around for him a lot longer than my dad was around for me.

With that some stuff you can do around the house:

1. If you have stairs, walk up and down them for 15 minutes at a time.

2. Randomly do a set of 2 minutes worth of jumping jacks while doing tv.

3. If you have Cable TV with on demand they have some good exercise videos you can go along with.

4. Get an Xbox with Kinect and get the dance videos...whoa those burn some calories.

As for snacks:

1. I bought an Air Popper to make natural, air popped popcorn with a couple squirts of I cant believ its not butter spray. Its like 30 calories per cup eaten, so I usually eat about 3 cups (think half a bag of microwave popcorn).

2. For a sweet drink, I bought one of those Sodastream home soda makers. I dont make soda with it, I just carbonate water. Then add in some all natural flavor essences. Its like dropping a couple drops of lime juice, orange juice ect. Its all natural, no aspartame or artificial sweeteners and 0 calories. Its just very lightly flavored carbonated water.

3. Beef Jerkey in moderation

4. Handful of peanuts (after about 20 minutes it kills the hunger)

5. To REALLY kill the hunger, drink black tea (no sugar).

6. Carrots and lite ranch sauce

7. In moderation - Baked Lays.

Hope this helps! You will achieve your goal!
  • kprine1
    kprine1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am a busy mom, so going to the gym isn't an option for me! I LOVE LOVE LOVE, turbojam, you can get them pretty cheap on Amazon, or you can order sets from www.beachbodycoach.com/stick2fit . They are fun and they burn mega calories! You are in a good place sign up for as many emails, friend, and facebook pages about exercise and fitness and you will be fine!!! PS I am not a beachbody coach or affiliated in any other way then a SUPER happy customer!!!
  • sbimba
    sbimba Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow lots of good tips - thanks!!