Newbie here.....

Options
Good morning. Gonna give this a try. I hear so many great stories. I hope I will be one of them soon!

A little background....
I am a mother of 2 amazing girls, that are 10 & 11. I work full time and ended up putting a lot of weight on over the past three years, due to losing a job of 13 years, and finding comfort with "adult beverages" at night. I have put on 60 pounds. I feel awful, and look worse. I had been on Atkins back in 2004 and got down to 144, I am now at 228. My comfort weight is 168, which is where I was at before gaining all this weight. People say I don't look like I weight that much, but I hide it well, and bottome line is I still feel awful and and I am not happy with myself at all. Time to take responsibility!

Have a great day everyone, and I am looking forward to getting some support here! Thanks in advance!! :)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Take it slow and make healthy choices. Educate yourself on healthy eating and think before you reach. Good luck.:drinker:
  • mamadodge01
    mamadodge01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I look forward to many hours of reading and learning here! :smile:
  • tinaruby
    tinaruby Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Take it slow and make healthy choices. Educate yourself on healthy eating and think before you reach. Good luck.:drinker:

^^^^This^^^^^

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • vipergts223
    vipergts223 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, anyone. I'm on everyday. I started MFP about a month ago
  • kellbie
    kellbie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yay JENN!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie, too, and I'm on here so I can learn to get my eating and exercise habits in check again. Y'all can all feel free to add me, too. I would love the added motivation from others on here!
  • mamadodge01
    mamadodge01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job on your 10 pound loss already!! Keep up the good work!!!