Mud On The Mountain at Seven Springs Resort

Options
Anyone doing Mud on the Mountain obstacle race? I would love to do this but cannot find any teams or other people to do so. It looks absolutely ridiculous. Did my first trail run two weeks ago..... I was 308 in November 2010 and now I am at 227 and running my first half-marathon in September..... this Mud Event looks like a nice awesome break from the normal running.

Replies

• karmakim
    karmakim Posts: 32
    Options
    Would love to but alas I live in Oklahoma now- not Ligonier :-(
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It would probably kill me sorry I can't help.
  • KJanae87
    KJanae87 Posts: 54
    Options
    I would die. Sorry. But I live close to 7 springs. Maybe next year.
  • BrownsFan16
    Options
    LOL - it is pretty intense as seen on the website... it is pure craziness!!! But looks like so much fun!!!

www.mudonthemountain.com
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I want to do it next year, but not in shape enough to do it this year...
  • BrownsFan16
    Options
    Blue -that's great!!! It looks more and more like I may have to wait until next year as well! :-( Doesn't seem to be a lot of feedback (and I didn't mean from here - from local things as well). Oh well.....
  • Runner_5
    Runner_5 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just did MOTM this passed weekend... Best. Mud. Run. Ever.
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    wait, the website I saw had the next race on 5/11/2013 (week after Pgh marathon....)

Are there typically two a year? If so, I'll skip the one in may for the one in December. If not, I'll suck it up and try not to kill myself. Can I call this race "marathon recovery" if I don't take it too seriously?
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Just did MOTM this passed weekend... Best. Mud. Run. Ever.

Did this run this weekend as well! SO MUCH FUN! And did it by myself, no friends, family, or supports, just me! It was cold, but the snow added so much more fun.

They now have it twice a year, May and November.
    And yes the weekend after the marathon, which sucks because I am running the full marathon and don't know if I'll be recovered yet!
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    They now have it twice a year, May and November.
    And yes the weekend after the marathon, which sucks because I am running the full marathon and don't know if I'll be recovered yet!

And thank you, I now have a pre-Marshal Madness run for next year, rather than a precarious marathon recovery run :D
  • angelene175
    angelene175 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know this is a very old post, but I thought I'd bump it to get some more feedback or see if anyone else is doing this. I am doing this on Saturday...by myself!
  • dutchk
    dutchk Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I can't do this one. I injured my achilles and am still recovering. But I do plan to do a couple later. Hero's Rush (with the family if I can talk them into it) and Savage Race in Eastern PA if I can get in shape in time. Sign me up for next year though.