TapOut XT Extreme Training Workout

Options
SPNLuver83
SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
I just saw it on an infomercial and it looked really fun. Has anyone done it?

Replies

• FitFoodieMomBillie
    FitFoodieMomBillie Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Looks similar to Insanity. Like as in a competitor for the program. I bet it would be tough, but have great results. I do not have any experience with it though. i just looked up the site and watched the infomercial!
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    I love workouts that make you feel like a fighter... i bet i could even get the hubs to do this one since he used to do that fighting **** lol
  • spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    Options
    Looks like Rushfit ... actually looks much more fun than Rushfit, which can be dry.

And production quality looks decent.

Should be a good workout.
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    Looks like Rushfit ... actually looks much more fun than Rushfit, which can be dry.

And production quality looks decent.

Should be a good workout.

ooo i LOVE spartacus... sexay :)
  • spartacus69
    Options

Can't go wrong with a naked Lucy Lawless either. ;)

Hey have you tried the spartacus workout? It's a killer.
    Link:
    http://www.starz.com/SiteCollectionImages/Spartacus2009/downloads/MH_Spartacus_Workout.pdf
  • hutchy100
    hutchy100 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This work out doe it mean you do each circuit 3 times

Can't go wrong with a naked Lucy Lawless either. ;)

Hey have you tried the spartacus workout? It's a killer.
    Link:
    http://www.starz.com/SiteCollectionImages/Spartacus2009/downloads/MH_Spartacus_Workout.pdf
  • spartacus69
    Options
    Yes, 3 times. It's about 45mins total, plus any warmup or cooldown you might do. So, about the same as many DVD-based workouts like TapOut.
  • hutchy100
    Options
    Just to get this spot on

i do 1 station and then move on or do i do 1 station 3 times and then move on
  • spartacus69
    Options
    1 station then move on; complete all 10 exercises then repeat the entire circuit two more times.

Also download the free "soundtrack" - helps with timing and sounds great:
    http://www.workoutmuse.com/blog/the-spartacus-workout-soundtrack
  • hutchy100
    Options
    Ok thanks it seems a pretty hardcore work out which i like
  • erinmel00
    erinmel00 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are doing TapouTXT right now. Our 30th day will be on Tuesday. So far, we are really loving it! It's hard, but worth it. Our favorite DVD's are Sprawl & Brawl and Muay Thai. These are the ones that are more MMA focused with punches, kicks, knees, elbows, etc. The trainer, Mike Karpenko, is enjoyable. I like him better than Jillian Michaels. I've lost 9 pounds so far and my husband has lost 13. I've lost 3.5 inches around my waist, and I'm not sure about my husband, but he's been able to go down a few notches on his belt.

I like how you do a different workout each day and Mike Karpenko mixes it up. You don't get bored. That's HUGE for me. And I feel so much stronger and more energized. I would recommend it to anyone who likes the idea of training like a fighter.
  • scribe313
    scribe313 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just started Tapout XT after taking a two week break from P90X. Sweat poured out of me during this morning's workout. My abs are on fire from the core combat tape. There are less breaks than the P90X and there are less jokes. The workout seemed to be over so quick (56 mins). Even though I have done P90x 3 times, I found Tapout to be a real challenge. So far I am really happy about buying it. I use the fitbit with it so I can post how much of a burn I am getting.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I just ordered this workout today and plan on starting it as soon as I'm done with my 2nd round of INSANITY (3 weeks left)! I am SO pumped for this!! Any suggestions/thoughts from those of you that are doing it or have done it?
  • bmwauug
    bmwauug Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    How does this compare to insanity? Anyone done both? Sounds like a nice change up to insanity
  • dnagirl712
    dnagirl712 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just ordered this last week and should have it in a few days. I'm really looking forward to starting it. I hadn't done Insanity or P90X, but after comparing the two, this one looked like I'd enjoy it more (and stay with it).
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Starting this today.
  • cgarza34
    cgarza34 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So excited ! starting tomorrow.
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I have bought it...waiting for it to come in.....I have done the first month of Insanity......need to do month 2 before I move on!! I guess we will see when the DVDs get here!!