going out

Options
edinat
edinat Posts: 159 Member
tonight i am going to dinner with my brother, he is visiting from out of town and we dont get to do this often, i am so worried....i probably will eat all the good foods, i have been good today.....................but now it will ruin , should i just let it go, and enjoy the date with my brother? try to make best options i was thinking i will have grilled fish or chicken?
We are going to cheddars and they dont have nutritional information :( like how many calories meals have, etc.

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    like you said go with something grilled, try to steer clear of anything with sauces.
    i HATE going out b/c i have no idea what's in my food, what people did to it, and what impact it has on me.
    but yea deff go for a grilled if you can, not sure what kind of place is it?
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You don't see your brother often, go out and have a good time! Just use some common sense, grilled chicken, fish, veggies and such. If you do order a small steak ask them not to dip it in butter. All the chain restaurants do it to help flavor. Stay away from alcohol.
  • agrzybow
    agrzybow Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have recently gone on a mini vacation with my husband and we went out to eat for every meal. What I did was, before going to a restaurant, I would search the database here to look for a meal that would be something I liked, with fewer calories. If we were going to an independent restaurant, I would take my best guess and try to match my meal to something in the database. I watched what I ate at each meal, and saved enough calories for wine and dessert on most nights. I did exercise on our vacation, and I went over slightly on one of the days, but I think it worked out pretty well. At least I didn't gain, and had fun and enjoyed eating.

I love this website!

P.S. I did bring my favorite breakfast bar with me, so I at least had something healthy to snack on if I needed it, or I could eat it for a quick breakfast before going out for the day.
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    yeah thats what i hate about eating out too, i dont know what they are doing to the food and how they are preparing it. however i had a great time, i had grilled salmon with rice, and coleslaw, it came with fries but i didnt eat only a few...i didnt have any breads, no alcohol or anything like that....however i did have nacho chips and spinach deep and it was so freaken good! The worst thing about drinks is that cheddars has this great ice tea, and i drank like 3 big glasses, its the best tea ever, and i couldnt resist....i enjoyed my time out with my brothers, i did go over a bit, but i didnt overeat, i did over drink lol......i'll make up for it, my brother comes 1 a year or 2 .....so i am not gonna worry about this one day i exercised today that should help a bit :) !

Thanks for you suggestions!