Disorder

Options
keem88
keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
hey all, i have a bladder disorder where i cannot have any acidic foods and do not handle soy well, called IC.
i struggle with finding foods that are good to eat (i know exactly what i can eat and what to make), it is more of that i have a really hard time staying away from bad foods, and then i end up feeling like i have a UTI all the time b/c i will eat things that irritate me. such as chocolate, tomatoes, vinegar, etc.

anyone else have a disorder like this where they have food sensitivities to acidic things? i have a buttload of recipes but it's hard for me to stay away from everything, wondering if anyone has good advice on how they deal with this (or anything dealing with allergies or food intolerances).

Replies

• crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You poor thing! Can you eat melon? I can do without the citrus and such if I could eat melon. Maybe the extra water that they contain could help. I had my gallbladder taken out a couple years ago. Some people are fine and can eat anything they want after their surgery, unfortunately I am not that person. I can not handle anything remotely greasy, pardon this kinda gross but will spend all day in the bathroom. If I don't eat anything bad then I don't go at all. Either way I am a little screwed. I give my self times to be bad, when I know that I will have to suffer. It really makes me evaluate things I really want. Good luck!