Foot pain while working out

Options
Alright so for the past (almost) 2 weeks I have been doing insanity. Although I am working out in my home I still wear tennis shoes but every time I start my workout-within the first 5-8 minutes I have a lot of pain pulsing through the arches of my feet. it feels like needles and is a sharp pain. It happens more on the exercises where I need to be on my toes or stretching in a lunge/hip flexor stretch. Even when I'm stretching with my legs shoulder width apart and bent over touching the ground it hurts-and that's flat footed!

Has anybody else had/have this problem?
Should I be working out with shoes on or would I be better off without shoes?

I really don't want to compromise my workout every time! Someone help!!

As for other exercises such as running, walking, gym time I haven't had this problem....only during home DVD workouts.

Sincerely, achy-breaky feet :(

Replies

• quinning82
    Options
    I have this all of the time, especially when I first get out of bed in the morning. The first steps hurt like crazy! My doctor said it may be plantar fasciitis. You can take a golf ball n rollit under ur foot to stretch it, make sure u have good shoes with good arch support... Lol at achey breaky foot!
  • nkechio23
    nkechio23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try going to a store that specializes in athletic sneakers. I went to Fleet Feet and got fitted for great running sneakers. I found out that I was wearing a whole sneaker size too small!! At Fleet Feet they had me run on a tredmill for about a minute, they video recorded my feet as i was running. They used the info to find out what shoe would give me the best support for my shape of foot and the way I placed my feet as I ran. I have not have any issues with my feet since my new sneakers!!

Hope this helps
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    bump!!

thanks everyone, quinn I have a friend that is a massage therapist and I told her what you said and that is right! Thanks for the info :) gonna have to find me a tennis ball or golf ball haha! she also said, and idk if this will help you out or not but if you start at the top of your foot under your toes and use your fingers to press all the way down your foot and then right where the bottom of your foot and heel meet is where the two tendons connect and just hold that and kinda press on that for awhile it can relive stress in the tendons and loosen them up as well! :)