Hello! Looking for a weight loss partner and friend! :0)

Options
My name's Savannah. For the past three days I've made a change to my lifestyle. I was diagnosed early in 2011 with hypothyroidism and didn't realize the severity of it until the end of that year after I had put on well over 25 lbs. I gave birth to my son in October of 2010. January was diagnosed with the thyroid disorder and have, since then, put on approx. 30 lbs. Enough is enough! I'm tired of feeling this way. I quit smoking over a month ago and feel more motivated than EVER. So I was just wondering, since I'm new to this site, if any of you have any pointers or if someone wants to talk about our lifestyle changes and plans or whatever! Thanks! :o) xoxo

Replies

• tone4ever
    tone4ever Posts: 32
    Options
    hey...you can add me...if you wanna.....i'm very pround of you for coming here....you can do this....but we'll do this together
    xoLeea:wink:
  • jess__bat
    jess__bat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey! I quit smoking recently, too. It's tough, especially when combining it with weight loss, and not replacing the nicotine with food.
  • soozle9999
    soozle9999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good job on quitting smoking!
  • racebelle88
    Options
    I could use a buddy myself.I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 16 years ago and gained 65pds due to medication.I've tried multiple times to lose the extra pounds without much success.I get a good workout grove and then get a flair up and end up giving up.
  • runningxlove
    Options
    Hi there, I just started using MFP to keep maintaining being healthy and to meet some inspiring people. I'd love some new friends. :) Please feel free to add. I have overcome my own set of challenges, including an eating disorder in 2008.
  • scottanthonyholmes
    scottanthonyholmes Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My wife lost a ton of weight after the birth of our second child. She is helping me on the same path now. I have found that blogging my workouts has really kept me motivated. You might think about trying it!!

~Scott
    CoachCrystalsPadawan.wordpress.com
  • savannahcharris
    Options
    Hey! I quit smoking recently, too. It's tough, especially when combining it with weight loss, and not replacing the nicotine with food.

It is tough! I think it's STILL tough sometimes hah. I'm sure I'm done with it though, I already feel more energetic but I know I need to make a couple more lifestyle changes to be complete. I'm surprised that I didn't gain anymore weight when I quit smoking. I guess it scared me hearing how many people gain so much weight afterwards so I made sure I didn't eat anymore than usual. Which actually made quitting harder lol. But, I got there. So far so good. :0)
  • savannahcharris
    Options
    Good job on quitting smoking!

Thanks! :D
  • savannahcharris
    Options
    Hi there, I just started using MFP to keep maintaining being healthy and to meet some inspiring people. I'd love some new friends. :) Please feel free to add. I have overcome my own set of challenges, including an eating disorder in 2008.

Oh wow - sounds like you've been through a lot! I have as well, and I know how hard eating disorders must be. I'm glad you're on here to maintain a healthy lifestyle, that's awesome. :)
  • nicosland
    nicosland Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm fairly new to this site so I only have a few friends on here. If you are still looking for some buddies please feel free to add me. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 23 years ago when I was 10. When I was a kid it took them a while to figure out what was wrong with me. But even through adulthood doctors have had to increase my meds as it sometimes isn't enough. Needless to say weight has been an issue my entire life.