Best workouts to toning back of the thighs?

Options
My thighs need some serious toning. They're flappy and since I'm down to my last couple of pounds, I have extra hanging fat.

My quads are already pretty strong and well but the back of my thighs are not - they need SERIOUS toning. Too much hanging fat!

I was wondering what are great exercises for the back of your thighs? Or is running the only one? I hope not.

Help please? (:

Replies

• nyama1
    nyama1 Posts: 6
    Options
    I think the firm standing legs is what you might be looking for . Great lower body exercise lots of lunges and squats.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    barbell squats - heavy, and low, *kitten* to grass. not sissy 1/2 or 3/4 squats :)
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    barbell squats - heavy, and low, *kitten* to grass. not sissy 1/2 or 3/4 squats :)

this
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options

Are those hard on the knees?
  • Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options
    the back of the thighs are called the hamstrings and is part of the back/glute muscle complex. reverse hypers are excellent for this, with out without weights, as are deadlifts (but only if done properly), prone leg curls, back extensions and to a lesser extent, calf raises. google 'hamstring exercises' for video intstructions and more variations.
  • sleepytexan
    Options

nope. here's the truth about squats and why low ones are BETTER for your knees:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VnV7vEi7Sz8
  • Jessie__86
    Options
    bump:)
  • Belladonna261
    Options
    Lunges, hill walking/jogging
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Run/walk up & down the bleachers at the local high school football field.
  • rachel4
    rachel4 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options

Thanks! I watched the entire video and signed up for his 5x5 newsletter. I'm going to give it a try :)
  • sleepytexan
    Options

Thanks! I watched the entire video and signed up for his 5x5 newsletter. I'm going to give it a try :)

You're welcome. I have found his videos and newsletters really helpful.