Treadmill help

Options
So I have been at this MFP thing for a few months and finally feel dedicated enough to get a treadmill for myself. I bought a commercial size, heavy duty treadmill that is suppose to support up to 500lb. I am about 440 and when I get ont his treadmill I feel like the belt is dragging. I didn't think this would be an issue with the treadmill because it's suppose to be so heavy duty. Anyone have any ideas? Is it just me? I don't to want think that I wasted all this money on a treadmill I can't use :(

Replies

• fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    what speed are you walking on??
  • lynette111
    lynette111 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Did the place you purchased it, deliver and show you how to use it? My belt drags sometimes and there is a way you have to tighten the belt. If yours is new they should have set it up for you correctly from the start. I would call the place you purchased it and ask. If unwilling to fix or it continues return it. I spent about $750 on mine and that was about 12 years ago and have had no major issues at all. Good luck!
  • nurseshannon1975
    Options
    Between 2-3 mph
  • lynette111
    lynette111 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Forgot to ask if you have ever walked on a treadmill before so you know how it is suppose to work, operate, feel?
  • nurseshannon1975
    Options
    I have walked on one before and it always feels weird compared to regular walking
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    if it was a brand new treadmill ... i would take it back ... if it was used i would get a new belt. sometimes when i get on a treadmill it seems like its dragging when im walking at the real slow speeds ... but that might be because i am just used to running on them.
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Definitely call the place you bought it for support... The belt in question is not the one you run/walk on, but the one that drives that belt from the motor. They should adjust that as part of the setup process
  • kml122573
    kml122573 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey Shannon,

Did you put it together yourself? When we put mine together the belts were already on there and i think my walking belt drags a little bit but Jerry runs on it and doesnt have an issue.