NSV - Couch to 5K

Options
I've always been envious of those who can run and run and run and run. For the past monthI, I've felt I should be able to just put on my running shoes and go!! HOWEVER, I know that it wouldn't happen without injury.
I have many coworkers who have talked about the Couch to 5K app and how helpful it was. I started the program today and I am super excited. 5K here it come!!!

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    you got this! you will really enjoy it
  • sunnyrunner77
    sunnyrunner77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 - it's a great program, I"m proud of myself every day that I do it.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's a great program and as long as you follow it I'm certain you can meet your goals!
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I should be on Week Three but I am on Day 3 of Week 2. I enjoy Zumba so I can't realistically fit in 3 days a week of running and 2 of Zumba when I have an almost 3 year old . So good luck to you.
    This will be my 3rd attempt at it hopefully you fair better than I . But I never really enjoyed running just a goal I have to finish out the 9 weeks or in my case like 15 LOL

GOOD LUCK!!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I am also on week 5... I repeated week 3 because I wasn't ready mentally (or physically) to move on to week 4.

I felt exactly like you do... I should just be able to tie up my shoes and run... yeah, my body says elsewise... so be it. The C25k program will get us there.

The one thing I am waiting for is: Liking it. I find it rather boring... but I just feel like I need to do it... not a mental thing... just a "need" (almost like "need for speed") that I can't force down so I have to continue and try my best. I hope that once I'm past the training part that I can just plug in earphones, listen to music and just run for 30-60 minutes... and, BURN those calories up!
  • katieacor
    katieacor Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is neat! A lot of us on MFP are doing C25K. There is a nice group called "C25K Friends" here you might like to join. I am on Week 4 and still think it's great. May God bless you and keep you going strong with C25K!
  • andi_everywhere
    andi_everywhere Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've always liked the IDEA of running but that voice in my head always says, "Pffft! You are so NOT a runner!" I've been looking at C25K lately and it makes it seem so doable... so I think I will! My personal trainer has started making me run on the treadmill now and the other day I made it 5 minutes straight - AND I DIDN'T DIE! Whoohoo! lol

Good luck to you!
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a break from exercise this week, but next week I'm starting week 7. I LOVE c25k! Get good shoes, go slow, enjoy the scenery.
  • hmmertz
    hmmertz Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for your support. It just solidifies my will to make this thing happen!!!

Best of luck to all of you as well!!! Time for some shut eye...my 12 hour shifts starts @ 0645!
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 and I never thought I could run more than a minute straight but I'm doing more everytime! It's a great program that works for everyone. Good luck on your journey. :)
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I'm on week 2 and I'm the same way mentally I'm ready to run for miles but my body isn't there yet. Soon though!! I'm signed up for 2 5ks one on this Sunday (I'll be walk/running that one) and another in June, that ones the Color Run
  • dawnmarie1981
    Options
    I am just starting the couch to 5K program, just did day 2 today lol Right now it doesnt feel like I will ever be able to run 5k when i have trouble running 60 seconds, but i hear it is a great program and I am determined to stick to it. i have a 5k planed for August
  • CandyBryson
    CandyBryson Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just re-started today too, I got to week 3 but then my kids took turns getting sick, so It was almost 3 weeks before I could get back to it and I was afraid to pick up where I left off. Today went pretty good, I really enjoy running!
  • BAtobe
    BAtobe Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have completed Week 2, day 1. Would LOVE more c25k'ers on my friend list!!!! :love:
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6- it's great! Good luck
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!