Lonestar Steak House

Options
Acliff510
Acliff510 Posts: 122 Member
Ok, so I ordered the Sidewinder chicken sandwich with NO bun. The website has the entire sandwich being 510 calories ... how many calories should I deduct for having No Kaiser Roll for the bun??

I also had it with the baked sweet potato on the side (plain - w/ butter, cinnamon, and sugar on the side)

This was my first time going to a restaurant since joining MFP ... I was wondering if I did WELL, OK , or BAD!! Calorie wise I will be under my goal but wondered what others thought.

TIA :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you did really well! I'd just look up the calories for a generic Kaiser bun and delete it. An estimate is probably close enough for something like that.
  • kelr04
    kelr04 Posts: 15
    Options
    I went to Lonestar last week and was confused too...First of all I was furious because the waitress refused to give me
    the nutritional info before we ordered...She said they didnt have it in the store..(Cracker Barrel did this too).
    I explained that I am insulin resistant/pre-diabetic and need to know the carbs..She still said she could not
    provide it...I just did a guess and hoped for the best...I think nutritional info should be required for all chain
    restaurants. I feel sorry for people with food allergies...
  • Acliff510
    Options
    Sounds like you did really well! I'd just look up the calories for a generic Kaiser bun and delete it. An estimate is probably close enough for something like that.

GREAT idea!! Thank U
  • Acliff510
    Options
    I went to Lonestar last week and was confused too...First of all I was furious because the waitress refused to give me
    the nutritional info before we ordered...She said they didnt have it in the store..(Cracker Barrel did this too).
    I explained that I am insulin resistant/pre-diabetic and need to know the carbs..She still said she could not
    provide it...I just did a guess and hoped for the best...I think nutritional info should be required for all chain

Their website claims to have a Gluten free menu at EVERY location. At the very least your waitress should of been able to provide that. I'm sure it was a customer service issue.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    the bun probably has about 200 cals give or take a few and 40 grams of carbs or around there
  • Acliff510
    Options
    the bun probably has about 200 cals give or take a few and 40 grams of carbs or around there

you are probably exactly right! I did Susanlee's suggestion and the average was about 200 cals!!
  • bevhols
    bevhols Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I generally check MFP first. I have an itouch and added the app restaurant.com ... it is a weight watcher app but it lists calories as well as points. It doesn't list ALL restaurants but a lot of the major chains. I try to check it before we go out to eat. If it is not in that app, then I try to check the restaurant site itself.
  • Acliff510
    Options
    I generally check MFP first. I have an itouch and added the app restaurant.com ... it is a weight watcher app but it lists calories as well as points. It doesn't list ALL restaurants but a lot of the major chains. I try to check it before we go out to eat. If it is not in that app, then I try to check the restaurant site itself.

Ya, I do too. But this was a spur of the moment decision while out shopping with a friend. She knows I'm dieting and was very supportive so it made easier to ask strange requests from the waitress!! :)
  • bevhols
    bevhols Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Ya, I do too. But this was a spur of the moment decision while out shopping with a friend. She knows I'm dieting and was very supportive so it made easier to ask strange requests from the waitress!! :)

Eating out is definitely very hard! Last week I had a double eat out day and knew I had blown my calorie line out of the water! To my amazement, next weigh-in I had lost 1.2 lbs after being stuck for awhile! That said, right back on track the next day; definitely not making it a habit! :tongue:
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hmm...that's strange. In California they are required by law to provide the information. I worked at a restaurant when the law passed a few years back
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you did great!