My first NSVs

Options
Balance27
Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
Thats right, plural!

I have a pair of pants that I have not been able to button since before my son was born (five years). I tried them on every once in a while just to see if they fit. Today, THEY DID!!!!!!! Buttoned (slightly muffin topped) and fairly comfortable.

My second victory was at the gym today. I have been working on my own bastardized version of couch to 5k. So far I can jog six one minute stretches. Then I walk for the rest of the distance. After 30 minutes, I decided to go for a jog to see how long I could go, either time or distance. Turns out, I jogged a quarter of a mile, nonstop. First time since high school!

=)

Replies

• nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    Congratulations! Good job! I wish I can run, but my knees will be protesting the whole time.
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    That is great! my goal jeans button now too, although they have an extra large muffin top! I'm just excited they button again. Congrats on your success(es)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    WTG! I'm sure that jeans NSV was a great feeling and you definitely rocked it on the treadmill! Keep up the amazing work you're doing!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Nice job girl! Keep it up.
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    well done!! amazing feeling!!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good job! I wish I can run, but my knees will be protesting the whole time.

I had the same problem when I was heavier so I got knee braces. They are relatively inexpensive and you can get them Walgrees/CVS/etc for like $10. They worked really well. 25 lbs later and I don't really use mine anymore because my knees don't protest =]
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Good job! What is a NSV?
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    And THAT'S a better feeling than anything a scale or measuring tape can do!! CONGRATS!!!
  • Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good job! What is a NSV?

NSV is non scale victory
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!