Jeans--Ladies please help!

Options
Hi!

This is a random question. Do any of you ladies who have small waists and larger thighs/bum know of a brand of jeans that fits our body type well?? My problem is that if jeans fit in the thighs, they are uncomfortably loose around the waist (and I hate belts!).

I'm 5'7"
Waist-28"
Hips-40"
Thigh-26"

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I'm also a pear but what I do is to buy a low-rise jeans so that it won't get up to the waist. Also strechable pants are good, just choose the darker ones to make your thighs look slimmer.
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I want to know this too!! I hate lower rise jeans because they show my butt crack so easily and I always am hiking them up. I want to know what others have to say about this topic!!

Oh and edit, NO MOM JEANS please!

JUST found this site:
    http://www.zafu.com/

I think it has what you're looking for!
  • StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No not really - but I do have better luck with trouser or wide leg jeans. I occasionally find something like this at Gap or Old Navy. I have a pair of Silver jeans that seem to fit pretty well they are the Suki cut. (they are also much more expensive) I don't like my rise to be too low, prefer mid rise and it is hard to find jeans that fit. Most of the time if they fit my hips/thighs I can put both fists in the gape at the back of my waist. :ohwell:
  • jenniferlhickey
    jenniferlhickey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love Lucky Brand Easy Rider or Sweet and Low for that reason. Looser thigh (but on my thighs they are perfect) and a tad higher in the back to cover my crack.

I also have a pair of BKE Vintage jeans from buckle.com that fit amazing.
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a similar body type, and recently fell in love with a pair of jeans from Target. They have a new line with six different cuts, and fit 4 is great.

From the Target website:
    Fit 4
    -Mid waist & curvy
    -Slanted pockets help complement your curves
    -A smaller waist ensures there is no gapping
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the input! I'll check out some of the options you all suggested!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I usually got for the stretch jeans. I find they fit best in the odd places.

I think the last ones I bought were Arias from Macys
  • LisaR517
    LisaR517 Posts: 80
    Options
    The DREAMER jeans at Old Navy have a smaller waistline! :)
  • jenelizmin
    jenelizmin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Same problem here only with an added twist. I short (5ft2in) and have large calves. I've given up on finding jeans that fit in all the right places. Now I buy jeans that fit good in the legs and butt and alter the waist myself. (it isn't too hard to shrink a waist but altering the legs would be a nightmare). It has become a relief. I no longer stress about sizes, brands, etc. I usually buy my jeans 2-3 sizes too big in the waist, alter the waistband and no more stress. Even if you can't sew it yourself, it is relatively cheap to pay a seamstress to make that 1 minor change. Definately cheaper than buying multiple pairs of ill fitting pants that you end up not wearing. Of course I still dream of finding the perfect pair of jeans.....
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    it's quick and easy to put 2 darts into the waist band and cinch them to a perfect fit.

if you don't have a sewing machine, take them to a tailor. probably $12. it's worth it for the perfect fit.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Old Navy dreamer as mentioned above are good. My favorite though are currently INC curvy fit. I get them at Macy's and can order short length online. I like Loft and Ann Taylor's curvy fit too
  • shultzmr
    shultzmr Posts: 2
    Options
    I have the same exact issue and have had luck with a brand called Bubble Gum. My boyfriend loves them too! :)
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I also buy the dreamers from Old Navy! Only thing I wear :)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I found these jeans at Macy's and they fit my hips really well.

http://ariyajeans.com/
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The DREAMER jeans at Old Navy have a smaller waistline! :)

Agreed. I can only wear Old Navy jeans anyways... and that style is the pair I wear without a belt. Haha. The other styles require a belt or I end up pulling them off the floor every five minutes/
  • MandaPandaByeBye
    Options
    I have the opposite problem, no butt and large waist. So for me, I've always found Lee to fit me tight in the waist and have too much room in the bum for me. So they may just work for you. Good luck!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I know your pain, I am actually working to lose weight so regular jeans will fit me off the rack, I SO HATE the waist gap. :grumble:

But IN THE MEANTIME:

:love: GAP "Curvy" fit.:love:
    Best. Jeans. Ever.

$62, dark or medium wash.
  • latinahada
    latinahada Posts: 168
    Options
    Silver Brand-Suki Surplus = AMAZING!!!!!!!! I also just bought a pair of Lucky Brand today that fit very well!! Still love the Silver Brand more!!!!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I ordered custom jeans about 2 years ago from 2 different companies. One was called Indi, and the other was Make your own Jeans. I had read about the companies in some magazine in the waiting room at a doctor's office--the article was a review of custom jean companies and those 2 were the top picks. I gave it a shot bc we all know how hard it is to find great jeans. I used my favorite worn pair as a template for measuring and picking the features of the custom jeans.

They were actually perfect in fit, but the "Make your owns" shrunk too much in length after first wash :( (just make sure to order a bit long).

I think they cost around $75 - 90. I was pleased with them both. Happily, both pairs are too big for me now :smile:

Edit:

I just looked up the web addresses for you, and Make Your Own is advertising $49. That's damn good, I think for a perfect fit. I think Make Your Own comes from India, so a bit cheaper and a bit longer wait than Indi (from Mexico).

Indicustom:

http://www.indicustom.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=b_brand_us&gclid=CIa75bC6va8CFQcFRQodJRIcwg

Make Your Own Jeans:

http://www.makeyourownjeans.com/?gclid=CNev1L26va8CFWM0Qgod_QqZxA

blessings.
  • Luella70
    Luella70 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    PZI jeans ...sold at Macys or online, these are made for curvy women :wink: