How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I looked and didn't see this topic recently, so I'm curious: How often do you weigh yourself?

I weigh myself every morning, it's like an OCD thing for me. My goal this week is to go until Monday without stepping on the scale.

Replies

• fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    maybe once a week ... if that.
    i dont live by the scale
  • Eveyy85
    Eveyy85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    AS tempting as it is, I only weigh myself once a week. Every Tuesday in the mornings. :) It's tough, but weight fluctuates too much on a daily basis and I don't want to obsess about it.
  • LucyBWL57
    LucyBWL57 Posts: 17
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but only record my weight in MFP one week after the previous time. I know there will be fluctuations for a number of reasons (water, etc.) but even with those the accompanying frustrations when the scale "goes the wrong way" I like knowing see the numbers.
  • smbyrd13
    smbyrd13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself most mornings but only record on Friday or Saturday morning.
  • Ittybitty22
    Ittybitty22 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    its bd but damn near every day
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    I use to weigh every day but I find that if I weigh every three days I feel much better!
  • dougfreehauf
    dougfreehauf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Daily, but it has been good so far, right now.......sketchy!
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    AS tempting as it is, I only weigh myself once a week. Every Tuesday in the mornings. :) It's tough, but weight fluctuates too much on a daily basis and I don't want to obsess about it.

This :)
  • spaz4me2
    spaz4me2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Daily...multiple times a day weigher here. As of this morning I have fired "it" for being a big pain in my butt. Can't say how long I'll resist...if hubby didn't use "it"...I'd chunk out the door!
  • WittneeT29
    WittneeT29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I take it with a grain of salt... sometimes I take it with way too many grains of salt, and the scale goes way up :)

I weigh daily, but average the weights to see weekly trends (theoretically)... I have been within 5 lbs of my current weight for about 7 years, so not much trending.
  • devindavid22
    Options
    I kno its hard but once every two weeks :smile:
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Daily.
    Sure it bounces a bit, but it is nice to have that reality check every morning to start my day.
  • jillybee23
    Options
    I weight myself every day. I have a goal and depends on how much I weight, it determines what I eat that day, Not starving by any means just a moderation of how much protein vs starch I consume.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Daily. Use the Wii Fit and do the daily body test every day. Also log any exercise there (even though I'm logging it here too). I try to not get too distressed about the ups. it's nice to see the overall trend line over the time I've been being healthy to me. I only record the weight when I've lost an amount and maintained it for a couple days due to the fluctuations.
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't trust the scale for a true measurement of my progress because it only tells me what my entire mass weighs. It does not tell me how much water I am retaining, or how much muscle I gained (I am weight training which I highly recommend). It also doesn't tell me what I really want to know, how much body fat I have & how much I have lost. For giggles I step on it maybe once or twice a month. But I actually rely on the tape measurer & getting my body fat measured by the trainer at the gym. :flowerforyou:
  • anitajagassar
    Options
    Daily. Not obsessive, but it does keep me focused.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale.. get weighed at the Drs. office about every 5 weeks.. keeps me motivated every day..
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    IF the number affects your whole attitude for the bad, then don't do it more than once a week.
    But if it helps keep you motivated- to stay ON track, then daily is a good thing.

Early on in this journey I weighed in once a week- the same day of the week, same time (roughly) after AM routine is done,
    with same am't of clothing (little to none)

I liken it to using a map/GPS...don't want to get too far off track....
    and if a big event is coming up
    or the next goal is close, I'll weigh myself every day or every other day to keep myself in check........

But if the numbers start to DIScourage me and that could send me into a slump>>>binge
    then I back off......

It's also good to remember this:
    the scale is just ONE gauge- JUST ONE.

Take measurements too- those are a great tool as well.
  • nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Options
    I weight myself every Monday morning and don't step on the scale otherwise. I try to not worry about the number as much as about how my clothes are fitting and how I am feeling!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Every other Monday.