Help!

Options
I need some motivation here!
I have worked out once in the last 2 weeks. I lost my workout buddy at work 2 week ago and we were suppose to start up again last week but haven't. Last night at work I was literally longing for my tacos I had waiting for me at home...

Maybe I'm food obsessed. Haven't lost any or gained any, but i know I'm slowly going back to how I was before.
Any ideas for help here?

Replies

• js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    Don't wait for someone else. Go workout. Get your gear on and go. As for the tacos, love them too. I generally, try to stay away from greasy foods, but make a few exceptions every now and then. If you crave something, it will usually not go away, so might as well have one. Just keep exercising and keep your calories in check.
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Make a class your workout buddy. SIgn up for one! I have problems working out by myself so I substituted my workout buddy with lots of people in class! You go enough and you will start making friends within the class and keep going.
  • cino2684
    cino2684 Posts: 26
    Options
    I can't afford a class...If I could afford a gym membership I'd probably have one. I also work 2nd shift so that makes it hard to kind of figure out a plan.
    What I wanted to do is zumba before work and then p90x after but I just haven't found the motivation...i'm usually too tired or hungry. Excuses excuses..old habits die hard.
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    At least start doing either the zumba or the p90x. You'll feel better when you do. I know it is hard because I've been there, we all have.
  • Laligoose
    Laligoose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try to do Zumba for 20 minutes. When I don't feel like doing it I tell myself just do 20 minutes. When 20 is up I say just 10 more, so it'll be 30 minutes. When I get to 30 minutes I tell myself I'm already half way there so might as well finish a whole hour. Yes, sometimes I have to trick myself into working out! lol ;-)
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    If your excuse is you're too hungry at the time, chug a big cup of water and then just go without giving yourself time to think of another excuse. Your exercise doesn't have to be structured. On nights I don't feel motivated I just go for a walk. I tell myself it will just be a short walk, but once I get started I usually walk for at least an hour. It's more of overcoming your mind than anything. And you don't need a work out buddy. Yes, it's more fun to exercise with someone, but don't let them be the reason you're not working out.
    And when all else fails, hide in your bedroom, blast some music, and dance! Just about any type of movement can be turned into an exercise. Get creative with it and it won't be so boring to do every day! :bigsmile:

P.S. Tacos aren't always bad for you, depending on how you make them!
  • cino2684
    cino2684 Posts: 26
    Options
    Once I start i'm good and don't stop but that initial starting sucks.

First and second meals of the day are smaller so by the time I get home from work i'm so hungry and just wanna eat! I'll find my motivation again just don't know when. :(
  • grizzlymaze
    grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'll motivate ya! Add me as a friend, and I'll be right there along your side. I'm trying to lose another 20 pounds and could use the help as well.
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm using my "weakness" to my advantage...I hate to disappoint people. So I joined in on a 50 day workout challenge. I make it happen because I don't want to log a zero.....
  • JennMarieFitz
    JennMarieFitz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It's kind of sad, but I use my 1 year old son as a work out buddy. It's more that he gives me incentive to get out of the house - like taking him for a walk in the stroller or strapping him into his seat on my bike and going =) I also will pick him up and dance with him on rainy days. Whatever works for you, just stick with it. Everyone else had some great ideas!

I've found that doing something productive when you're tired helps a lot. When I just don't want to do anything but chill, I'll turn the TV on but make myself do dishes while watching. Before I know it, I've cleaned the whole kitchen! Then I feel like I've earned my down time =)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Its time to start doing things that are uncomfortable. If your goals dont scare you or challenge you, then its just a grocery list. Go hard or go home. Time to really jump in regardless of all other circumstances.

If you really want something, you'll do it. If you dont, you wont.
  • js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    Once I start i'm good and don't stop but that initial starting sucks.

First and second meals of the day are smaller so by the time I get home from work i'm so hungry and just wanna eat! I'll find my motivation again just don't know when. :(

If you're feeling that hungry, then you should have a snack or increase your lunch portion. You could eat a medium to large apple, or half a sandwich for a snack or add some steamed veggies to your lunch (if you don't already). You could end up binging on something unhealthy for dinner if you're to hungry.