good tips to help with lose skin

Options

Replies

• kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Exercise, eat well, plenty of fluids. I have lost over 190 pounds n while yes I do have excess skin I think my excess helps me. I have done resistance work 2-3 times a week for over 3 years I also believe boxing classes where they overload the arms help too :)
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I meant I don't think my excess skin is too bad especially considering how much weight I have lost .
  • vickychristie
    vickychristie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    omg 190lbs is just amazing well done:)
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    bump... Curious gor later
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Loose*

Someone had to do it.. theres been threads about it :laugh:
  • sar123bear
    Options
    saving for my topics - thanks!!!! :bigsmile:
  • mtcHavingItAll
    mtcHavingItAll Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Much needed and great tips and advice.
  • genablue
    genablue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump....
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    LIFT.HEAVY.WEIGHTS
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Loose*

Someone had to do it.. theres been threads about it :laugh:

loose threads I suppose :):wink:
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem under my arms and stomach areal. I just started using JM no more trouble zone. She has some great strength training moves. Some great advise on moisturizers.....need to look into those. Thanks.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I use Nip & Fab Tummy Fix & it appears to be working well. :smile:
  • Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth a Bump!!!

This is one of the many reasons that I really love this website and the knowledgeable members that share great advice!:flowerforyou:

Cheers,
    Alison
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I want to add that some of us can not get a perfect tummy back after babies or weight loss. It does depend on how much loose skin you have...if it is too much, surgery is require, but if it is a little bit there are some things to make the appearance better. These are some things that have helped.

As I have lost the fat in my belly (from having babies) it does not look like I have as much loose skin. Also, I do not have that cellulite look under my tummy skin like I had before. So, losing the fat in your tummy, will help somewhat.

Coconut oil. Google it. I eat VCO and I rub the cheaper coconut oil on my skin. My skin is softer and so much prettier...so this has help the appearance.

Dry brushing. Google it, but it suppose to release toxins from the skin and help the skin to regenerate.

I had a female body builder (a mom of 3) suggest the coconut oil and the dry brushing. I can tell that I look better. Again, I have lost weight, but this past spring break, I wore a tiny bikini and was not embarrassed. My skin is not perfect, but it is better.

I do planks and ab vacuums. This works your transverse abs, so this can pull in your tummy to make it look better.

You can still see that my tummy looks wrinkly, but it looks better than it did in January. Sorry for the blurriness.
    Mar21-1.jpg
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    What is dry brushing?
  • Lance_K
    Lance_K Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shellykinder
    shellykinder Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting answered SO MANY of my questions!!:)