Advice 30 day shred

Options
I'm just looking for some advice and guidance really... So if anyone can help, would be very grateful!

I had a baby last May, post birth I am still a suffering from vaginal prolapses which as well as being painful sometimes really infringes on my life.

Anyway because of this I can't do anything high impact, so no jumping around like an idiot (although I do manage Zumba at an intermediate level)... I also can't do anything that involves putting pressure on my pelvic floor, so no abdominal crunches and no heavy lifting etc...

I keep looking at the 30 DS results pictures and am so jealous.

For those of you that have done it, taking on board the above would it be an absolute waste of money if I were to get it? Would it just sit in my cupboard and gather dust?

Replies

• ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    There's quite a bit of jumping and lots of crunches too so from what you've said it doesn't sound like it would be the best idea
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Im only on day two but I'd say it wouldn't be suitable for you right now, there's a lot of high impact, jumping jacks etc and strong crunches, all done at speed so not a lot of time to concentrate on form. Yould have todo a lot of modifications so probably you might feel you weren't getting the results you're after. I'm not experienced enough to offer you other options that would suit you better but I hope others can. Good luck.
  • alp1990
    alp1990 Posts: 56
    Options
    The aerobic parts of level 1 in the 30ds are jumping jacks and other things that are kind of like basically running on the spot but kicking yourself in the bum. It isn't too intense, so I think you would cope with that. But when it moves on to level 2 there is a lot more jumping around in the cardio section. I suppose you could always supplement the cardio in the level 2 and 3 sections for moves you could manage?
  • xx_donna_xx
    xx_donna_xx Posts: 144
    Options
    I don't think it'd be good for you honey, it has crunches, jumping jacks, lunges, bicycle crunches, jump rope, and butt kicks, also like a side lunge thing that near makes me wet myself lol.

If you want to try it its not v expensive but from what you said I don't think it would suit you x
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi, Congrats on the baby :-)

I can't offer advice about your particular needs in terms of a medical opinion, but i've just finished the shred and there are a lot of star jumps, high knees, mountain climbers etc and there are also a lot of squats and lunges and exercises whilst you are in a plank position. Not sure which of this stuff you should or shouln't do.

Maybe you can try and find someone to lend you a copy and then have a look through to see what you think before you spend out on it?

Are you able to do anything like pilates?

Good luck!
  • eleslie1989
    eleslie1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hey there, you can get level 1 of 30DS on youtube. that way if once you see it and its not right for you, you havent wasted any money. but if level 1 looks ok for you and even if you buy it and cant do level 2/3 it wont really matter because you will still get results from level 1!
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I've done it a couple times now and wouldn't advise it considering what you've mentioned it above. I would recommend pilates or yoga but not sure if this would affect the problems with your pelvic floor? Although the can be as easy or as tough as you like while still being beneficial to your body :) Congratulations on the baby :)
  • clairerose11
    clairerose11 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, will check it out on You Tube... really don't think it sounds like it's for me though... Jumping Jacks fill me with dread, although in Zumba if there's anything like that I tend to turn it into an arm raised squat... Hmmmm....

I can do parts of yoga, it's funny but before Rose I didn't give my pelvic floor a second thought, but now I have to take it into consideration with everything that I do I really notice when it's carrying an awful lot more pressure.

Will have a think about it, thank you ! x x
  • Flissbo
    Options
    Have you considered swimming? I managed to really tone my arms from front crawl and its a good all over workout and gets you puffing. I also do exercises in the water to strenghten my core and work on my abs
  • clairerose11
    Options
    I hate swimming unfortunately... plus I don't have anyone to look after Rose as I'm a single parent. Urgh, difficult !!
  • Flissbo
    Options
    Lots of walks pushing the buggy will help, if it ever stops raining lol! Not sure if you can find one of those buggy walk clubs? I think they do toning and stretching whilst you walk pushing the pushchair, might be worth looking into?
  • Natalie182
    Natalie182 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear your problems!
    Take your little one swiming with you =]
    Ive never liked swimming but going with my LO is an excuss to go and i dont have to worry about actually swimming and im still exercising walking and lifting in water!xx
  • clairerose11
    Options
    There is a buggy fit class near me but the lady kept cancelling it as I was the only person interested, couldn't believe it! Yes we go out on walks most days so that burns about 170 cals a time, plus i have just bought Zumba for the Wii... Just really thought I might be able to do 30 DS, when you look at the results they're just amazing!
  • Flissbo
    Options
    I just finsihed 30ds and am gutted because I didn't lose anything, not even any inches, but I am at goal so I don't have much to lose so that could be why. Just hoped it would get rid of my jiggly belly and thighs. I did eat the biggest amount of chocolate at easter though so that might have undone all of my hard work :-(

Annoying about the buggy woman cancelling.

Do you know if you'll be able to do more varied exercise later on or is that something that you'll have to be mindful of forever now?