30 day shred after giving birth,,,does it work?

Options
Hi all, i gave birth to my second daughter 20 weeks ago. My body obviously isnt what it used to be. Im not overweight, im just out of shape. I want to tone up and lose a few pounds as im going abroad in july, Ive tried davinas ultimate target, aswel as swimming once or twice a week but i dont seem to be losing this belly and hips :-( although i have lost about 6 pounds. I have bought the 30 day shred as ive read so many good things and seen so many amazing before and after pics, but im wondering if any mummys have done it to get rid of the "saggy" belly after giving birth and does it work. I intend on doing the davina dvd in the morning, 30 day shred in the evening, every day, as well as swimming twice a week and maybe one gym session. Im not going to do any super healthy eating, im just going to watch what i eat, and keep to my target calory intake.
What im wanting to get out of this dvd is a tight stomache and to lose a little fat from my hips. Is this a realistic goal?

I would love to hear your 30 day shred stories or even see before and after pics? Im a little addicted to looking at before and after pics at the mo as theyre so amazing lol :-)

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    If you're getting near a gym, I'd suggest you might be better off doing a programme of lifting, rather than the shred. You'll get faster results. But if that's not an option, then sure, no reason why it shouldn't work for you.

You're suggested programme does perhaps sound a bit ambitious (maybe trying to introduce too much all at one go?), but you probably know yourself best, to know whether that will be ok for you, or whether you might be setting yourself up a bit.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    (PS if you use the search, I know there have been before and after threads for the 30day shred)
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    i will tell you this - YES - it works!

i'm not "in shape". i know i'm fat, but i thought i'd have a pretty decent wrangle on this thing. i'm very active, you see. well, i'm at day 4 (today) and jillian michaels scares me. she is tough and you're going to be in pain. i have spent hundreds, if not thousands, on different workout tapes and routines and stools and bars and velcro weights and bands and balls and who remembers what else..... and i haven't gotten the workout from any of that the way that this dvd gives it to me. i start my hrm while she's sweet-talking with her assistants... before she gets rough.... and it rolls to nearly 27 minutes on my monitor. i burn, in the 27 minutes, roughly about the same as what the treadmill burns in an hour. and the aches!! muscles i forgot helped form the make-up of my body are whimpering, even after 4 days of the same moves.

it is, by far, worth every penny of the $10 spent on it!
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    (PS if you use the search, I know there have been before and after threads for the 30day shred)

and blogs, too.
  • princessnicky23
    Options
    thanks for the replys,
    i know my intentions are a lil ambitous lol. but im gonna give it a go. ive been doing the davina workout everyday for 2 weeks now, with swimmin twice a week, and feel i could have a lil energy left over to do the shred in the evening. Ive taken before pics and i cant wait to take the after pics in 30 days :-)
    i cannot wait to see the results i hope im not disappointed.
    xx