Tabata

Options
Tristis
Tristis Posts: 288 Member
"Tabata" must be Japanese for "relativistic time dilation"...it just made 4 minutes seem like 30.

Anyone getting good results with Tabata style work outs? What exercises are you doing? Are you doing other workouts besides Tabata style?

Replies

• oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I do incorporate tabatas at least once a week into workouts. Although I choose at least 4 exercises and do those for a tabata cycle each. For example, I run PT at my squadron and this week's workout will be four tabata cycles of burpee tuck jumps, split squat jumps, side plank leg lifts, and donkey kicks :)

They are very hard but very awesome for you. In addition to tabatas I also do ZWOW's--from Zuzana Light, former host of BodyRock. She uploads a new workout each week. Currently there are 13. They are all hard as CRAP. If you're interested, check them out at www.youtube.com/ZuzkaLight or www.facebook.com/ZuzkaLight

She's awesome, sweet, and so motivating. And I'm seeing a huge difference in my body composition.
  • jourelemode
    Options
    tabata protocol is great!

just choose challenging exercises and do it circuit styles like what buffcupcake said. I just finished a tabata workout of four sets. Today was a kettlebell tabata day and i was dead after the four circuits. It will burn the fat!

I do it four times a week, tuesdays and thursdays and saturdays I do it after 30 minutes on the stairmaster and wednesdays I use it as a shoulder workout.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Yes, those four minutes are killers but they burn lots of fat...you've inspired me to try this again!:sad: lol :wink:
  • Tristis
    Options
    They are very hard but very awesome for you. In addition to tabatas I also do ZWOW's--from Zuzana Light, former host of BodyRock. She uploads a new workout each week. Currently there are 13. They are all hard as CRAP. If you're interested, check them out at www.youtube.com/ZuzkaLight or www.facebook.com/ZuzkaLight

Awesome advice. I will have to check it out tonight. :D
  • Tristis
    Options
    Yes, those four minutes are killers but they burn lots of fat...you've inspired me to try this again!:sad: lol :wink:

YAY! You are a big reason I came back to MFP when I did. I kept putting it off, but you encouraged me to not put off to tomorrow what I can do today! :):heart: :heart: :heart: