Activity level...need advice

Options
I went to my settings and saw that I had my activity level at the second one "lightly active" (it was an option for nurses or mailmen), but I'm not sure if that's the right choice.

I work at a restaurant as a host and a server. I had it at "lightly active" when I was hosting more, but now I'm serving more and I'm always on my feet walking and rushing around and carrying heavy stuff. I don't serve every single day. I usually serve mondays and tuesdays, off weds and thurs, serve or host friday, serve and/or host sat, serve and/ or host sunday. Hosting would def be considered as "lightly active" and obviously serving is considered "active".

Do I change my activity level to "active" (which is actually recommended for servers) or do I keep it at "lightly active" (bc I don't always serve)? I don't know which option I should choose.

I switched it to see if anything changed and noticed my calories went from 1460 to 1620! :noway: I don't know if that's a good idea. I'm having huge issues losing weight already...I'm def getting more than enough food right now, that's for sure.

I don't know. I'm confused.

Advice???

Replies

• KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    My advice, since you are looking to lose weight, is to leave it at "lightly active." 1460 cals/day plus exercise seems like a good combo.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I'd leave it and on days you serve, just add walking to your daily exercise to account for those calories you burn.
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    that's what I was thinking...but I'm having a devil of a time losing weight.
    I'm pretty much back to where I started (which was 163.5). I've tried a lot of different things. I took advice from a bunch of ppl on here. Eating differently, exercising differently, changing things up, eating one "unhealthy" meal every other week to see if it jump starts my metabolism, increasing my exercise, decreasing my exercise, interval training, strength training, etc etc. Nothing seems to be working. I'm gaining my weight AND inches back slowly. I haven't lost any dress/pant sizes and my clothes seem to fit the same.

I was extremely strict with my recommended cals and exercise from the beginning of May to the beginning of July, but I got so incredibly discouraged bc I wasn't losing weight or inches... I gained 6 lbs back in July and now I'm stuck at the same weight (all thru aug).
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    someone on here once mentioned that her doctor recommended she do a 'fad' diet to get her over her plateau. I'm not saying this is the answer but i might mention it to your doc along with the issues you've been having and see what they say?
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Bump it to Active. You are busy. Especially if you're full time and also workout. You need to eat to lose. Strange huh, but when I upped my cals, I got over my plateau! Try it for a couple weeks and see.
  • hmo4
    Options
    someone on here once mentioned that her doctor recommended she do a 'fad' diet to get her over her plateau. I'm not saying this is the answer but i might mention it to your doc along with the issues you've been having and see what they say?

I'd be checking the Docs credentials after that!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I don't have health insurance, so the doctor is out of the question.

I'll try changing my activity level and if it doesn't work I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and wait for the pounds to come off...maybe it just takes more than 4 months to see a change.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    I agree with changing your activity level. I sit at a desk all day + a second computer-based job and 'sedentary' was not enough calories for me. I bumped it to 'lightly active' and started losing. If I were a waitress, I'd put it at 'active', even if you don't do it every single day.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    thanks for your advice :smile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I changed my activity level to active...I was worried I'd gain weight since it's a lot more cals than I'm used to...but I guess it doesn't really matter bc I'm not losing weight anyways...I'm actually gaining everything back slowly.
  • hmo4
    Options
    Keep us posted, girl!