Kindle vs Ipad

Options
wildcard29
wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
So I have been thinking of investing in a kindle fire for my college books but it is my understanding that I could do the same with an ipad and it would replace my laptop too. Looking for any feedback on either one of these for college purposes. Thanks!

Replies

• BodyPumpDaveInFL
    BodyPumpDaveInFL Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Any book you can read on a kindle-kindle you can read on the iPad with the kindle app.

You can take notes with the iPad out of the box and you can by some specialized note asking apps for it as well.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Nook Color $169.00 8gig, and has expandable memory.:smile:
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    As good as IPad - or other similar tablets - are, they can never be seen a direct replacement for a laptop.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I love my ipad. I have the first generation one and love love LOVE it. I have the kindle app and I use it when I want the book now. It's a good app.

Like one of the other posters said it won't completely replace your lap top but from my experience it comes pretty darn close.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard, a Kindle Fire can do pretty much anything an iPad can, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper. I don't have either (I have just a basic Kindle), but that's just what I've been told.
  • smexyaddie
    Options
    Get an ipad! I'm in college and this became the ultimate saviour my laptop got screwed and i did all my papers and my major thesis here, i downloaded a lot of ebooks just for leisure , watcha youtube videos and play some awesome games on the side, and if you ever need to write , you an use the ipad too or if you cant keep up, you can just take a picture of the board. That's what i do! :)
  • spudman1232
    Options
    look at the Asus Transformer prime. It is as good as the ipad 3 in every way except for the screen resolution. It has expandable memory, and hdmi out and you can purchase a keyboard it can dock into. I was this close to buying an Ipad until I researched my Asus. I LOVE it. I now take it to class instead of my laptop.
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    For lots of reading, you want the Kindle, NOT a kindle app on an ipad. It's so much easier on the eyes!
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Get a basic kindle, then an Asus tablet.

If you have to have one of the two, the Kindle Fire is not a full fledged tablet. It can NOT do a lot of things an ipad can do. Just keep that in consideration. The ipad has a much faster processor and more ram. The fire is a kindle on steroids. The ipad is a tablet.
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Thanks everone:)
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have a kindle and the 300+ bucks difference and it has all the functions , except the camera, that the iPad has. Great multi media device.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    <
    This college student says go with the iPad :flowerforyou:
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    If you want a laptop replacement type functionality I would go for the iPad. I use mine for reading as well and you can read all your amazon kindle/nook/google books etc. on the device. iPad all the way! Also get the student discount.