so frustrated.

Options
I was consistently eating around 700 calories a day for quite some time, and after a while the weight loss ground to a halt. People on MFP told me that I needed to increase my calorie intake to 1200, which was a challenge at first but once I adjusted to it, it was fine. I started losing weight again and I felt like I had more energy - so a win win situation. Now all of a sudden I'm not losing any weight again, even gaining a little. Where do I go from here? Do I cut my intake again, or keep it as it is and hope the weight loss will start again soon? I'm so confused as to what to do.

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    calorie intake is not the end all and do all of weight loss.

there is no set calorie limit. its all relative to your own current body weight. you should reduce from your calculated TEE, and probably no more than 10-15% to be able to preserve muscle mass.

our bodies adapt..thats why we stall in weight loss. so any change, either upping or lowering calories can trigger weight loss again. and remember, the smaller you get, the harder it is to lose weight. changing up workout routines every few months can help keep plateaus away.
  • allisonmrichard
    allisonmrichard Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I tend to plateau for about 2 weeks roughly around every 10 pounds that I lose. It's your body's way of playing catch up. I've never increased or decreased my calories during this time, always kept my intake at 1200 and just did my best to stay patient...eventually, my body plays catch-up and then I start to lose again!
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I tend to plateau for about 2 weeks roughly around every 10 pounds that I lose. It's your body's way of playing catch up. I've never increased or decreased my calories during this time, always kept my intake at 1200 and just did my best to stay patient...eventually, my body plays catch-up and then I start to lose again!

love this advise..This system works for me too :)

sometimes we can just over complicate the heck out of losing fat by worrying about stalls, and trying to micromanage calories and macro nutrients, trust the process.