Help! Need Motivation

Please I need someone to talk to about how I can get motivated to loose weight. I'm unhealthy, out of shape, and feel ugly. But just can't seem to stick to anything. I know what to eat and how much, but something takes over inside me to not do exactly what I should. What to do????

Replies

• jake6505
    jake6505 Posts: 3 Member
    Anytime I get into that mind set of being down on myself. I try to use it. I let that motivate me into eating better and to exercising. It's a constant reminder that you don't like something and you want to change it.
  • xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    I log in here before I eat anything, and track the calories first. That way I always have a running total of what I've eaten. I think of how I want to look, and what it will take to get there.

When I'm tempted to eat something unhealthy, I've started thinking "Do I really need this? What else could I have to eat that could benefit my body?"

And I work out daily.
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    I have found that if I think other people may be looking at what I'm eating, I am more critical of the food I choose. Because of that, I made my food diaries available to my friends - so that I feel more accountable. Also, I agree with tracking calories BEFORE eating, so that I know what I have to work with. Then you're not shocked by what you just ate. Less guilt that way; feels like you are more in control.

I joined Pinterest, and one of the things I've found is that there are a TON of healthy recipes floating around. I've found a couple favorites through Pinterest, and have tweaked them to my own liking. My favorite so far is Quinoa Mac & Cheese (I love mac & cheese, but it's really not healthy). Quinoa is used in place of macaroni, and I use low-fat or fat-free cheese; the recipe makes 8 servings, and one serving is roughly 300 calories or so, depending on how I tweak it. Pair it with vegetables and/or chicken, and boom, healthy(er), filling meal. And oh so delicious.