MiO Water Enhancers

Options

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I love it.. I love it now that Walmart, Shop n Save etc are getting their brands of MiO as well!!!
    I mix it in water, I mix it with seltzer water to get a soda type fix.

My FAVE though has to be mixing it in plain greek yogurt. It adds flavor without the loads of sugar that most companies put in their flavored yogurts.

Berry Pomegrante is my fave!
  • xarla16
    xarla16 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    These sound like something I would like. I haven't seen them though where I live I'm assuming they'd be with drink crystals and whatnot. The pitfalls of living in the middle of nowhere.
  • aewalk07
    aewalk07 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've wanted to try it, but I do the my Crystal Light. I haven't had any though since Feb. The sweetener tricks your brain into thinking you are hungry when you are not. I'm afraid too get back on it.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THEM! I only buy "MIO" on coupon, but Walmart puts out some pretty yummy generics, lemonade, grape, fruit punch, sweet tea etc. even an enhanced 'energy' one. :)
  • littlehokie
    Options
    I tried it and it upset my stomach so I thew it away.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know that I could drink something that has propylene glycol as its second ingredient. For those that don't know propylene glycol is used to make stuff like some antifreezes, brake fluid, hydraulic fluid, shampoo, deodorant etc. To be fair, the propylene glycol is used to make "pet safe" antifreeze, but still...

http://antiagingchoices.com/harmful_ingredients/propylene_glycol.htm
  • MommaHoff
    MommaHoff Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I tried it a couple of times and both times I ended up spending the day in the bathroom. My body doesn't like all the artificial stuff.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know that I could drink something that has propylene glycol as its second ingredient. For those that don't know propylene glycol is used to make stuff like some antifreezes, brake fluid, hydraulic fluid, shampoo, deodorant etc. To be fair, the propylene glycol is used to make "pet safe" antifreeze, but still...

^^ This
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm gettin' my Mio on as we speak :drinker:
    Love, love, love it !!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    It was really good, but I can't have more than one drop because anything with aspartame/sucralose gives me migraines.

Same here, MiO gave me terrible migraines. It's unlike anything I have ever had... AND I regularly drink Diet Coke and use Sweet N Low.
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I drink 100 oz of plain water thru the day...Iwas trying to think of an alternative to my alchol drinks. I usually like vodka with vitamin water Zero, but a lot of bars dont' let you bring in your own mix.
    so I end up doing more caloric choices.
    I wonder if I experiment with vodka and water, and add some mio.
    I have all the flavors, I just prefer plain water.....but for my adult beverage, this might be yummo!!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yeh, I just can't stomach the idea of adding all those chemicals to my liquids. I just drink the water straight up. I'm not big on the taste of water, but you get used to it. I only allow myself to drink water, coffee, and tea with the occasional lactose free milk. When you are thirsty, and water is the only thing you allow yourself, guess what you are going to drink.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I definitely still prefer the powder--Crystal Light and the like. To me, Mio has kind of a weird "chemically" taste.
  • OriginalWhatTheHelen
    OriginalWhatTheHelen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I definitely still prefer the powder--Crystal Light and the like. To me, Mio has kind of a weird "chemically" taste.

That's because it's ALL chemicals. Every.last.drop.
  • LaurieAthGa
    Options
    Yum!! Strawberry/Watermellon is my favorite!
  • jcohio85
    jcohio85 Posts: 43
    Options
    I love these. I currently have Mango, Orange/Tangerine and Fruit Punch at work. They will make me easily drink 4 bottles of water while at work. Best thing ever in my mind.
  • mlkiel
    mlkiel Posts: 91
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT...well, honestly, I get the off brand. I have 6 flavors on my desk right now, and keep a supply at home. I've never been a coffee drinker, and have quit drinking soda, so this helps me consume more water.
  • BrionyTallis
    BrionyTallis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bloviate
    Bloviate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Best tasting, most convenient chemicals ever! I love the berry/pom flavor.

Also the black cherry flavor but only occasionally because it only comes with caffeine.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options

It's used to keep liquids from drying out.

Hope you don't eat any of the other stuff either

Here are some common foods that contain propylene glycol: certain mustards, food coloring, artificial flavors, certain chips, certain soy sauce brands, fried onions, certain strawberry and chocolate syrups, certain icing, canned coconut milk, certain salad dressings, certain ice cream brands, maple flavored bacon, certain juices, certain sodas, certain cake mixes, certain chicken bullion brands, fast food burgers and dipping sauces, certain yogurts -- and the list keeps going.