Your favorite good for you Trader Joe's items?

Options
I am going to Trader Joe's later today and I wanted to know everyone's good for you things they get there. Always looking for new foods to try. :)

Replies

• femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I really hate you for making this. Now you just reminded me about how I don't have a TJ in my area... Although there are 3 that have been "coming soon" like forever...

I want a TJ near my house nooowwwww :sad:
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Oh my gaahhhd...all of their nut butters. Pita crisps. Corn Chile Salsa. Organic Basil Tomato Sauce. All of their wheat pastas. Kalamata olives. Frozen fruits (especially Very Cherry). CHEAP (but good) wines. Dr. Praeger's California Burgers. Organic Ketchup. Barbecue sauce. Low sodium soups (especially butternut squash). I could keep going. But if you live in Maine, DO NOT BUY THE PRODUCE. Ugh. Go to Whole Foods for that.
  • Auntzip
    Auntzip Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    They have a butternut squash pasta that is incridible. Their hummus is very good also.
  • Nutrition1975
    Options
    I love all the nuts there - great combination - pumpkin seeds are really yummy!!
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Oh, oh, oh, and their vitamin E oil for your face, and their oatmeal almond soap (I LOVE THIS), and the Tingle shampoo/conditioner (I think it might be eucalyptus or mint? I don't remember). I also use their melatonin.

I am a Trader Joe's junky.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I go there a couple of times a week, good for you foods? Depends on your tolerance for interesting food.

They have amazing no salt added tuna - look for the pink label
    Tons of reasonably priced fresh vegetables
    They have a yummy no salt chili pepper sauce (however if you have unlimited sodium the one next to it is pretty tasty too)
    Chocolate covered edamame (if you don't mind the crunch in chocolate covered espresso beans) these are yummy and a good source of dark chocolate and protein (has a sort of salty sweet flavor)
    Calbee snappea crisps if you need something crunchy that again is a fair source of a number of nutrients for not as many calories as potato chips.
    I am gluten free but my friends say there are a number of wheat containing healthy breakfast items, and they have a whole wheat pasta that is apparently quite tasty. i use their corn pasta and it is quite good also, stays firm better than most GF pastas.
    They have several whole grain breads.
    Freezer section has fish for very good prices, watch the labels on the prepared foods though, many of them are what I would call "party" foods and so are high in sodium and fat.
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Crunchy Almond Butter
    Tatziki (to go with their Chicken Tikka Masala frozen meals)
    Jalapeno and cilantro hummus
    Brown Rice Spaghetti
    I am also a fan of Almond Milk instead of Dairy Milk and they have the best prices (I buy Almond Breeze)
  • quiltbugj
    quiltbugj Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    1. 96/4 lean ground beef
    2. frozen veggies (broccoli, green beans, tri-pepper mix, peas, mixed veggies)
    3. canned beans
    4. shredded cheese
    5. brown basmati rice
    6. organic raisins
    7. raw almonds
    8. Ezekiel bread
    9. organic peanut butter
    10. fresh produce
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    They have a butternut squash pasta that is incridible. Their hummus is very good also.

I could eat the horseradish hummus with a spoon then lick the container clean I love it so much :love:
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    - Whole Grain Mustard
    - Greek Yougurt
    - Whole Wheat NAAN
    - Spelt Bread
    - Butternut Squash Ravioli
    - Veggie Tortillas
    - Whole Mozerella
    - Nuts

I can go on and on....
  • zakismom
    zakismom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes Double Roasted Salsa. I love to marinate chicken in it to put on the grill. It is one of my kids favs.
  • stew774
    stew774 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am so hooked on a couple of their frozen meals: chicken tikka masala, and eggplant parmagiana (grilled, not fried)
    The whole wheat tuscan pane bread is to die for
    Chili lime chicken burgers
    great prices on frozen fruits - excellent for my protein shakes

I could go on and on...
  • LaurieAthGa
    Options
    I love their Salmon Burgers. They are only 110 calories/burger. So good!!!
  • verdammtwenig
    Options
    Chicken sausages! They have all sorts of flavors, and at least the Jalapeno ones are only 100 calories per sausage.
  • smrfyross
    smrfyross Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks for all of the input! i made a list of things to look at and probably buy! :)
  • fitJoce
    fitJoce Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I live on the:

Low carb whole wheat tortillas
    Chili Lime grilled chicken strips
    Fire roasted peppers and onions
    goat cheese medallions
    Ezekiel bread
    96/4 ground beef
    Extra lean ground turkey
    French green beans
    Red curry sauce
    Arrabiata sauce

and of course many of their wines!
  • Chicc
    Chicc Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I sooooo LOVE TJ's. It's too bad I live in Canada and we don't have them. I only get to shop there when I visit the states. Dang it they need to put one closer to me!

I love Edamame crackers, Ezekial bread, flattened bananas, power berries (chocolate goodness) and the variety of low cal tasty chicken sausages.

I need a cross boarder buddy to send me TJ care packages :)
    mmmmmmm
  • amy0716
    amy0716 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Not really GOOD for you...but I love them: Mochi. They are hand-held ice cream that are 100 calories each, come in multiple flavors and satisfy the ice cream craving.

http://www.traderjoesfan.com/Trader_Joes/mochi_ice_cream/details/