logging exercise when BMR and TDEE is used?

jldaley09
jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
For those of you that follow this method of calculating your calorie intake.. it is supposed to take into account your exercise right? Say my calorie requirement after calculating it is around 1900... and I exercise burning 500 calories, I don't eat that back right? I just eat the 1900 every day? If this is the case do you still log your exercise and ignore how much it says is left and still just eat the 1900? I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Correct, if you've accurately calculated TDEE then your exercise is already included in your daily intake.
  • jldaley09
    would anyone be willing to double check my calculations? I have asked a few times on other messages and had no takers..

female, 34
    66.5 inches tall
    BF % 33.4
    lightly active..

current weight 216, goal weight 155
    BMR 1784
    TDEE 2446 (based on lightly active.. I make it to the gym 3-4 days a week and I work on m feet but not always walking around)
    -20% = 1984 calorie goal..

Thanks in advance.. I have been doing this for 4 days and have only been able to hit 1800 each day but I have not fluctuated my weight at all. before it was going up and down each day.
  • jldaley09
    bump..
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    The numbers look good, just remember to adjust them periodically as your weight drops.
  • justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    I'm not an expert, but lightly active is classified as light sports/exercise 1-3 days per week. I think you should probably be in moderately active.
  • sburens
    sburens Posts: 21 Member
    Only eat back exercise cals if your NET is below your bmr.
  • jldaley09
    thanks I will re-evulate it with moderate active and thanks for the tip about the NET bmr
  • jtdman
    jtdman Posts: 4
    actually most people should do their calcs based on sedentary - I'm lifting and doing cardio at least an hour a day but mine are done using sedentary - http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    actually most people should do their calcs based on sedentary - I'm lifting and doing cardio at least an hour a day but mine are done using sedentary - http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

and that would put most people under their BMR if they based their TDEE on sedentary & then minus 15-20%. Not good at all.