HOBBIES???

Options
1235»

Replies

• LisaRose54
    LisaRose54 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Acrylic painting, some knitting, lots of reading and of course, playing with my three kitties. I'm trying to make Zumba a hobby! LOL!!:wink:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Mine are

Nature Photography
    Texting
    Facebook
    Crocheting
    Spending time with my furbabies when I can (they live on my parents farm cause I am in a non friendly apartment)
  • Trinilee
    Trinilee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I loving beading. I make jewelry and decorate with beads. There are lots of things you can do with beads. I've done this since I was a kid. It's a wonderful way to pass time and keep your mind busy.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I think of them as "Interests," not "Hobbies," but sewing and tailoring, among others.
  • JeepBrah
    JeepBrah Posts: 150
    Options
    drumming
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I loving beading. I make jewelry and decorate with beads. There are lots of things you can do with beads. I've done this since I was a kid. It's a wonderful way to pass time and keep your mind busy.

I took a basic beading class and have done a little bead weaving on my own. It is cool. I love crafts, but to get really good at them takes a lot of time and money. For the moment, I'm focusing on sewing and tailoring. They are expensive and time-consuming enough.

One good thing about working with your hands is that it's very inconvenient to eat while doing it.
  • jkaupanger
    Options
    Sewing and painting... made my first (and last!) wedding dress last year. Something I hope to never have to do again!
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    I whittle....
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    !. Going to music festivals.
    2.Playing music.
    3. Writing music.
    4. Camping (at music festivals)
    5. Getting drunk (at music festivals)
  • lindaamarie
    lindaamarie Posts: 114
    Options
    Well when I actually have time, I love to sing & play the piano but with work, school, and gym I don't really have time for my hobbies haha
  • MimawP
    MimawP Posts: 9
    Options
    I go geocaching. It gets you out of the house and its free!

Me too I'm a Geocacher ... I love it ( www.geocaching.com )
    Hiking
    Walking
    Paper Crafts
    Rubber stamping
    Postcrossing ( www.postcrossing.com )
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I like to read, some photography, listen to music and beat my kids at Dance central..:laugh:
  • HeyHeyRae
    HeyHeyRae Posts: 48
    Options
    Anyone have any hobbies other than going to the gym?

Going to the gym is a "hobby"? :noway:

Anyway, yes, I play the piano and organ. I just started in December, actually. After playing guitar since I was 15, I decided to learn a new instrument.

I know a minimum of 9 people who consider "working out" their number 1 hobby... I'm obviously not one of those 9 lol =\
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Knitting
    Crocheting
    Shooting (mostly pistols but I like rifle too and would like to try skeet shooting)
    Taekwondo
    Baking
    Cake decorating (love making wedding cakes!)
    Sewing
    Hiking
    Fishing
    Camping
    I shopping a hobby? Love shopping! :D
    Reading
    Goofing off on the internet
  • jguest
    jguest Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Reading
    Walking
    Bike riding
    hiking
    needlepoing
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Golf,
    Kickball (yeah, I said it),
    Gaelic football (Irish game),
    Hurling (Irish game),
    Reading (Kindle's great for treadmills),
    Blogging,
    St. Louis sports teams (Blues, Cardinals mainly)

My lifestyle's very sports-centric.
  • stitchingmom
    Options
    I cross-stitch and read. When I am feeling hungry, or stressed and want to eat, I find a quiet place and do one of the two until it passes.
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Flying RC Airplanes and getting back into flying real airplanes as well! Hence another reason for weightloss, Cessna 172 rents for $30 more per hour than a 150 but the 150 is very small and has a useful load of only about 450 lbs so being heavy can save me money and make me more comfortable in a small plane!