Jumping Rope

Options
Ok. So I read that jumping rope is really beneficial for strength as well as cardio. Also, it works for those of us whole travel quite often. So I ran out to Target and bought a jump rope for 3.00. Best deal every if you ask me. At least for work out equiptment. Anyway, I just did 10 minuted and thought I was going to pass out. I didnt realize how hard this is. I was finally able to get to 8 jumps without having to start over again.

Is anyone else out there jumping rope?
Do you find it beneficial?

Replies

• jetswa737
    jetswa737 Posts: 28
    Options
    Ok. So I read that jumping rope is really beneficial for strength as well as cardio. Also, it works for those of us whole travel quite often. So I ran out to Target and bought a jump rope for 3.00. Best deal every if you ask me. At least for work out equiptment. Anyway, I just did 10 minuted and thought I was going to pass out. I didnt realize how hard this is. I was finally able to get to 8 jumps without having to start over again.

Is anyone else out there jumping rope?
    Do you find it beneficial?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope is a kick *kitten* workout. I would agree. Sometimes it's the simple things that work!
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Even mock jumping rope is awesome. When I do step aerobic class, cardio kickboxing, or any other cardio class we do intervals of faux jump rope, it's a killer.
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    YEAH, IT'S A GREAT WORKOUT, BUT AFTER HAVING 3 CHILDREN, I CHOOSE SOMETHING ELSE!:happy:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I try to but end up tripping on the rope quite often. It is benefial in that it is great cardio. It works for boxers who are in AMAZING shape so it is good enough for me
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hi there !
    I love to jump!

i started out with sets (still do) so i did 15 step stop for 15 seconds until i reach 500 steps, and i moved up, 30 steps, 15 sec until 1000
    and now i alternate 50 step, 20 sec stop, 75 step, 20 sec stop, all that until i reach 1500 steps
    ho and i always do a warm up and cool down,

heres a cool rope workout someone once posted, quite liked it, but its only 10 min, i normaly jump for at least 25-30 min
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/Fitness_articles.asp?id=1056

have fun with the rope !
    may
  • chubbers2008
    Options
    Going to get one tonight! Wish me luck that I break a sweat and not a leg - ha!
    Good luck and best wishes!

S.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    aww, now I want to play double dutch, do ya think my boys will swing the ropes for me?
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    aww, now I want to play double dutch, do ya think my boys will swing the ropes for me?

Haven't done that in years... I would be affraid of getting tangled up and falling on my assets... But I am thinking about jumping rope... it's a good cal burner that I can do in my back yard when I am trying to avoid yard work... lol
    Jenn